Chapter ¹⁷

After he changed into his spare clothes, Rajveer drove back to his house

After he changed into his spare clothes, Rajveer drove back to his house. When he entered the garage he changed into his night dress that he had kept before leaving.

Rajveer opened the drawer to keep the keys back at its place but something else caught his eyes, a Cigarette packet. He hasn't smoked since that night, Rajveer dispiced the look his wife gave him that night. He promised her ,he would not smoke.

Rajveer picked the packet up and walked outside the garage and made his way to the bin to throw the packet away. He wasn't going to need it anyway. A promise to his wife was a promise and he did not want to break it.

Making his way to their room, he quietly slid into the covers, he gazed at the person sleeping beside him. So peaceful and serene, her long hair sprawled on the pillow while she sleep like a baby. Rajveer noticed it, she thought he didn't but he did, how she would stare at him. Even today he felt her eyes on her while he was working. Cute. That's what came into his mind.

Rajveer could stare at her all day and still it would not be enough. He liked this, the whole marriage thing. He never thought of getting married or start a family but with Siya he wanted to do it all.

" Good night wife. " He whispered and a small smile etched on his face, wife. He liked calling her that. Slowly he drifted into deep sleep.

Before marriage Rajveer's mornings were monotonous, go to the gym, drink his coffee and get ready for the day to leave for office. But after marriage he had started to like getting up a bit early to have his morning coffee with his wife. They did not talk much as she was still shy but he used to enjoy it nonetheless.

The next morning while they were having there coffee, Rajveer noticed it. Siya looked a bit hesitant? Like she wanted to ask him something.

" Siya is there anything you want to tell me?"

" Huh ji."

" And that is?"

" Vo mumma had called, can I spend the night at my father's house today?"

" You want to go? "

" Ji. "

" Siya agar ap comfortable nahi hain tho hum ma ko yaha bula sakte hain, koi dikkat nahi."

( Siya if you are not comfortable, I'll tell your mother to come stay here. )

" Hum jante hain ma yaha nahi rukengi, unhone apse puchne ke liye kaha. Aur rahi baat vapas Jane ki jabse humari shaadi Hui hain papa hume kuch nahi Bolte. Hum ma ko dekhkar kal subah vapas ah jayenge."

( I know my mother, she won't stay here. She was the one who asked me to talk to you about coming home. I know you're worried about my papa but since we got married he doesn't say anything to me. I'll meet my mother and come back tomorrow)

" Siya agar aisi baat hain tho tikhe, hum yaha se humare aadmi bhejenge. Kuch bhi hua, chahe raat ke 2 baj rahe ho ap vapas ah jana. Ye apka Ghar hain, aur apke papa ne kuch bhi galat Kiya toh hume call kariye ga. Tikhe?."