Chapter 45

Abel

"Uh uh. No touching." Jessie takes a light step away from me. The girl must be psychic, because my hand was barely even halfway to her ass.

When the driver said the traffic was so jammed it'd take an hour to get home from the restaurant, her suggestion of walking home in the LA sunshine sounded like a great idea. Now, I'm not so sure.

It's kind of hard to be discreet when there is just the two of us walking, especially with my distinctive hair in full view. It doesn't help that her ass looks irresistible in that sundress.

Her warning is quickly justified by the appearance of a tall girl, who slides up and asks for my autograph.

"Yeah, sure. Where do I sign?" I smile.

"On the back, please. Thank you so much, I love you!" She gushes as she hands me a phone with the XO logo on the case.

"Love you too, baby." I reply automatically. After I sign her phone and take a selfie with her, she jogs back to her friends.

I walk about 5 metres in the opposite direction, before I notice that I'm walking alone. I turn back and see Jessie still standing at the corner, mouth agape.
"Umm, what just happened?" She asks.
"We met a fan..."

In the hour we've been out, we've already been approached by three others. Luckily, none of them have even mentioned the girl in the sexy sundress I'm walking with.
"No. We just met a goddess." She corrects me. "That girl was... stunning."
I nod in agreement. "Yeah, she was."
"And not only was she gorgeous, but she was talented too! Did you see her eyeliner? Flawless. Identical on both eyes. She's magic. She can't be real." She uses her hand to fan herself.
"Do you want me to call her back for you?" I offer.
"Honestly, I just about managed to keep my mouth shut. I was gonna tell you to type my number into her phone instead of signing it." She says. "Isn't it crazy that she's a fan of you, when really we should all be fans of her?"

"You sound like you're more into her than me." I narrow my eyes in a fake display of jealousy. "Should I be worried?"

"Sorry, Abel. With eyeliner skills like that, there really would be no competition. If she came back for me, you'd instantly become someone I used to be close with."

"That's okay. As long as you know that's about as likely as Jennifer Lawrence turning up in my bedroom, with nothing on but a braid. If that did happen though, I'd have to call to break up with you immediately."

She laughs.
"Fair enough. If I ever met Frank Ocean, I'd probably be moving into his house within the hour." She shrugs.

"Hmm, I'd also leave you for Natalie Portman."

"No, I'd leave you for Natalie Portman."

"You think Nat'd choose you over me?"

"Absolutely."
"No way. I call dibs." I declare. "And the same goes for Katy Perry."

"Katy Perry? Oh, you can have her." She scoffs.

By the time we stroll up to the house, the sun is hiding behind the clouds, and a light chilly breeze has picked up. The others must still be stuck in traffic, because their cars are not in the driveway.

"Finally alone." I smile as I close the front door behind us. "We can do whatever we want, wherever we want... be as loud as we want."

"Mmm." She bites her lip and slips off her shoes.

I move towards her, but my fingers narrowly miss her skin as she steps away.

"No touching, remember?"