Chapter 6

Jessie

“I thought you said you couldn’t come over tonight.” I open the door to find Abel standing there with a sly smile.

“My schedule opened up.” I recognise that face and those red eyes; he’s high.

“You could have called. Maybe I was thinking about going out.” He knows I’m talking shit. This is how it always goes. I act like I have better things to do. He shows me I actually don’t. In the past few weeks, it’s become a routine. A fun routine.

“You’re not going anywhere.” Abel says simply, walking past me and taking off his jacket. “You never did tell me where you get these. I can’t find them in any stores around here.” He picks up the pack of Honey Loops from my coffee table.

“I get them from this place not far from here. I’ll let you know when I go next. You really like them, don’t you?” I ask, as he grabs a handful and starts eating them.

“Seriously? Yeah, they’re probably the best munchie snack in the world.”

“They might be. To be honest, I only buy them because I’m deathly allergic to nuts and they’re almost the only snacks I can find that are made in a nut-free environment.”

While I’m talking, he closes the distance between us and puts his hands on my waist.

“Oh, damn. Sorry.” He says softly.

“It’s not your fault, dimwit.” I mumble, looking at his lips.

And with a small smile, he leans in and gives me one of the best kisses of my life, with just the right amount of tongue action and little soft nibbles on my bottom lip. His lips taste like honey and I hunger for more, using the belt loops on his black jeans to pull him closer. He slips his hands under my t-shirt and his cool fingers trace a trail up my sides to my bra strap and then down my back. I have no idea how we get to the couch but all of a sudden, there we are and he’s on top of me and I’m kissing him like we’re on Jupiter and his lips are oxygen. He makes me cum once on the couch and twice more in my bed.

“Wow.” He murmurs as he puts his jeans back on afterwards.

“Mmm,” I say vaguely, even though that was probably the best time I’ve had in years. That tongue of his… can do things I didn’t even know were possible. But he just doesn’t need his ego getting any more inflated.

“Don’t act like that wasn’t amazing.” He smirks as he zips and buttons.

“Amazing is a strong word…” I sit up, smoothing down the sheets around my legs.

“What? So… you’re saying you didn’t enjoy that?” He turns around, looking at me like I told him that I was married to Santa Claus.

“No, I did. But on a scale from 1 to 10, it was like…. A 7?”

“A 7?” He repeats, disbelieving. I shrug apologetically, but struggle to keep my face straight, looking at his hilariously muddled face. It suddenly changes to a determined expression and he unzips his jeans again.

“I’ll show you ‘a 7’.” He says and gets back onto the bed.

Abel

A few days later, I’m re-watching old episodes of Game of Thrones when my phone starts buzzing. Honey Loops calling. I pick up shaking my head. I keep telling myself I need to change that ridiculous name.

“Honey Loops?” I ask.

“I’m about to go get some. If you’re free, stop by in 5 minutes and I’ll take you there.”