Chapter 50

Abel

I finish my blunt and lean back to relax into the high while Jessie stretches and bends over to play some music using my speakers.

She's wearing only her lacy black underwear, and I stare at her for a minute, wondering how the fuck we got here.

We've danced this routine three times now, with her showing up unannounced, rocking my world and then disappearing into the night with no explanation.

Today, when she turned up in the middle of the afternoon, in a sundress, I was kinda struggling with a hook, so zoning out and focusing on her body for a while felt like a great idea. But as usual, after I came, I came to my senses. And I'm not gonna touch her again until she explains what's going on.

"Are we gonna talk at some point, or just keep having sex?" I ask.

"Which one of those sounds like more fun to you?" She replies without missing a beat, or even turning around. "Ever had sex to this song?"

She changes the subject swiftly by pressing play. The opening notes to Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On float out of the speakers.

"No." I reply, with reluctant amusement.

"No? Then today is your lucky day, boy." She turns the music up louder and sways to the smooth melody.

Although I'm fully aware of what she's doing, I can't help but be distracted by the seductive way she moves her hips. Her eyes are closed as she mouths the words, giving my empty desk chair an exaggeratedly sexy lap dance.

"We're not having sex to Marvin Gaye." I snap out of it and shake my head.

"Too cheesy, right? Okay. What about this one?" She skips back to the speakers to select another track: DMX - Up In Here.

The change from sexy and seductive to rowdy and ratchet is instant.

I crack up laughing as she dances around the room in her underwear, jumping up and down, and twerking near the window for the amusement of any passing helicopters.

She can't keep it up for long though. Soon, she's laughing too, sliding down the window to sprawl onto the floor. She presses her face to the glass to see the people on the streets way down below.

"I forgot how much I love this place." She says breathlessly.

"Too bad I'm moving."

Her head snaps up.

"You're what?!"

"See if we talked, you'd know this." I shrug.

"When?"

"Next month." I answer. "You didn't wonder what all the boxes were for?" I gesture to the cardboard boxes piled up in the corner, already filled with my less-used belongings.

"No. I thought maybe you were redecorating or something." She frowns. "But why would you move? This place is perfect!"

"My new place is better. Bigger." I explain. "And it's higher up."

"How high?"

"49th floor."

Her eyes widen. "Woah. Where is it?"

"About 10 minutes away from here."

"10 minutes in which direction?"

I crack a smile. "Towards your place."

"You fucking stalker." She tuts playfully before getting off the floor and relocating to the bed.

The song has ended now, and the mood of the room has changed.
I can tell by her eyes, she wants to go for another round. Not until I have my answers.