Bittersweet

Your POV

The following hours after the incident were a mess. The UA students had all spent a few hours in the hospital. Tsu, Ochaco, Nejire, and I had shared a room. I woke up with a bazillion texts from Katsu and missed calls. He must have seen the news this morning. 

I pulled on my uniform before stepping out into the hall and calling my boyfriend. The phone barely even rang once before his voice rang through the line, "What the hell is wrong with you?! I thought you were dead!"

I sighed slightly as I replied tiredly, "I'm okay, Katsu. I'm sorry I made you worry, but everything's fine. I should be back in the dorms later today, and I'll fill you in then, okay?"

There was a pause, then a slight grumble, then he answered, "Fine... But you really are okay? You're not just saying that, right?"

I breathed a slight laugh at his caring question that seemed so out of the ordinary for him, "Yeah, I promise. Just needed a few stitches is all. I'm still really tired from everything, though."

"Okay... Good. I have my provisional license training, so I gotta go. But I'll see you later, okay?" He asked.

I smiled as I replied, "Yeah. I love you, Katsu. A lot."

Once again, he hesitated to answer, but when he did, I could practically hear the smile he was wearing, "Yeah. I love you too."

I smiled as I pulled the phone away from my ear and hung up. Finally, I'd be able to tell him what had been going on. 

The rest of the day was spent at the police station, filling them in and giving our statements about what happened. By the time we got back to the dorms, the sun had gone down. 

Kirishima, Midoriya, and I got out of the police car and walked towards the dorm building in silence. 

"Deku! Kirishima! Y/N!" The three of us turned around, seeing Tsu and Ochaco behind us. 

"Uraraka! Tsu!" Kirishima greeted. 

"Oh, wow, are you two girls just getting back to the dorms now too?" Midoriya asked.

Ochaco nodded, "Yep!"

"There were a lot of last-minute forms to fill out a Ryukyu's office," Tsu explained.

I huffed a tired sigh, "Yeah, tell me about it."

"You know what's weird?" Ochaco asked as we all turned back to the dormitory, "It feels like we haven't been back here in a long time."

"Yeah," Tsu and I mumbled in reply. It really did feel like it had been a long time. 

Kirishima broke the silence with his cheery voice, "Well? Let's go."

The four of us smiled at each other before we entered the building. The entire room fell silent as we stood near the door.

"Oh, there you guys are! It's about time you showed up!" Mineta yelled as everyone ran over to us.

"All of us were worried about you."

"Yeah, we saw the news."

"It looked terrifying!"

"Is anyone hurt?"

"What troublemakers."

"Tell us everything!"

Sato stepped forward, holding out a plate to us, "I made this for you. It's a double chocolate cake."

Kaminari jumped in front of him, his expression filled with concern, "First Kamino and now the yakuza. You guys are always getting into such crazy situations! Do you know how much that scares us?"