𝟎𝟒 | 𝐖𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐲 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡

❝ 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚒𝚏𝚞𝚕, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚖𝚊𝚢 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚖𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚘𝚗 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛. 𝙸𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚙𝚞𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚙𝚞𝚝 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚜𝚘 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚐𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚗𝚘 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛 𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜. 𝚂𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚕𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚜 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚐𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚜𝚢-𝚎𝚢𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚍𝚘𝚖 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚔 (𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛 𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚞𝚊𝚐𝚎), 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚠𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛. ❞
- 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐧, 𝐉.𝐌 𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞.

─────────〔❨✧✧❩〕─────────

Cha Hyun-Su had never been read a story, never even watched one.

Stories were often made from memories or from someone's imaginative mind and soul. Hyun-Su, if you were to ask him, he'd tell you that he didn't have much of an imagination in his head, let alone in his soul. He'd tell you that his soul was rotten, that he didn't know what joy a story, a book, could bring.

He grew up with eyes cast to the sky, head tilted towards computer screens and body turned away from blood relatives.

Although, if he had ever been read a story, he was quite positive that he would remember it, that even if he was a newborn baby, even if his mind hadn't developed yet, he'd remember it. Unlinke everything else that was miserable and sorrowful inside of him, his memory was fast and strong. He knew that if his mother or father were to read him a story - whether it be a goodnight story or a random-sunny-day story - he knew that he would've treasured it and remembered it.

But Cha Hyun-Su didn't grow up in a family he wanted to grow up in and, unfortunately, when you were being born you weren't asked where would you like to go, what family would you like to have.

Hyun-Su sighed, the monitor in his hands heavy enough to slow him down. He stepped down the stairs in slow and listless strides; backpack heavy and half-open on his back, keyboard peeking from it like a forgotten treasure, green zip-up hoodie zipped to his chest and a great, lifeless frown on his lips.

Everything around him was way too green, way too lively compared to Hyun-Su.

As his eyes travelled from the ground to the long, tall wall next to him, he decided that from that day on he hated greenery. Why did it have to be so bright, so... alive? Did it deserve that? Did it deserve to look so happy while Hyun-Su looked gloomy and lonely?