𝟑𝟓 | 𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐈𝐭 𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐬 𝐓𝐨 𝐅𝐥𝐲

❝ 𝚆𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝚊 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚜𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍. 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚘𝚛 𝙸, 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚘𝚍𝚜, 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝚒𝚝, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚛𝚒𝚖 𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚐:
“𝚈𝚘 𝚑𝚘, 𝚢𝚘 𝚑𝚘, 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚒𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎,
𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚕𝚊𝚐 𝚘’ 𝚜𝚔𝚞𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚋𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚜,
𝙰 𝚖𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚛, 𝚊 𝚑𝚎𝚖𝚙𝚎𝚗 𝚛𝚘𝚙𝚎,
𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝙳𝚊𝚟𝚢 𝙹𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚜.” ❞
- 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐧, 𝐉.𝐌 𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞.

─────────〔❨✧✧❩〕─────────

Only five or so minutes passed, but Hae-Rin already managed to learn half of the names of the bandits.

The boss' name was apparently Jung-Seop and when one of the men called him that, the boss cut three of his fingers, threatening him to call him by his name instead of 'boss' or 'sir' again. The man - or well, boy, with piercings and messy hair - was called Kyeong-Mo, and one of the tattooed men was called Woo-Hyun. Then there was the guy with the white wool on his jacket that was called Ui-Myeong.

"My name is Shin Jung-Seop." The boss introduced himself as if they didn't hear his name minutes ago. "Why don't we all just get along without fighting?"

"How can you say that after what you did?" Mr. An shot back. "How can you treat people like this?! We're not animals!"

Hae-Rin kept glancing around in worry.

They - the residents - were all sitting inside the circle, all watching the men and the road to the unknown with fear in their eyes. All waiting for their doom or their freedom, none knowing which one would come first.

But Hae-Rin kept thinking of her sick and weakened friend.

She kept thinking of Ji-Su, who was stuck in the security room, unable to move or hide well.

If they found her, they'd have brought her to the circle, right? So where was she? Why wasn't she with them right now? Did something happen to her?

Endless questions swam in Hae-Rin's head, making her dizzy.

"I'm sorry, that's all I know." Jung-Seop replied, smirking. "If you all do as I say, I won't kill any of you."

Hae-Rin doubted that.

Something told her that they'd get killed either way.

Which wasn't a pleasant thought.

"So..." Eun-Hyuk suddenly spoke up. "What do you want from us?"