𝟑𝟎 | 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐝𝐬𝐭 𝐎𝐟 𝐈𝐭 𝐀𝐥𝐥, 𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐏𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐬

❝ 𝙸𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚜𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚊 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚊𝚜 𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚗. 𝙷𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚕𝚢, 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚏𝚊𝚛 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚞𝚗𝚠𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚎𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚙𝚎 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚎𝚢𝚎𝚜; 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚏𝚒𝚝𝚏𝚞𝚕 𝚕𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚕𝚘𝚠 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚜, 𝚝𝚑𝚞𝚜 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚋𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚒𝚛𝚍𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚊𝚌𝚚𝚞𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊 𝚠𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑𝚏𝚞𝚕 𝚏𝚘𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚛. ❞
- 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐧, 𝐉.𝐌 𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞.

─────────〔❨✧✧❩〕─────────

"If there's trouble going to the hospital, getting food is optional. Saving Ji-Su isn't."

Those were the words that Eun-Hyuk had sent Hyun-Su off on the mission with. Those were the words said with a similar tone and expression as the words said to him by Eun-Hyuk on his first mission when he had to retrieve Mr. Han.

Although they meant different things now.

The funny thing was, as Hyun-Su sat in the passenger's seat with his team, he had the option to wander out and not return. He had the option to leave everything behind and disappear, knowing that he was, in a way, immortal. Despite Eun-Hyuk's warning on how saving Ji-Su was more important than food, Hyun-Su could do anything he wanted as soon as he was out of the building.

He wasn't going to, though, of course. But it was a thought. It was something that lingered in the air between each member of the Outside Team.

The day that you offered me those filthy coins, the sky was so clear.

That's my reason.

The sky was clear.

That was the moment Hyun-Su realised that bullies sometimes had no reason for bullying except their own want and happiness. They liked it, they had fun with it. Bullying was a performance for them, a hobby.

But as the car stirred out of the underground parking lot, Hyun-Su found himself not caring anymore.

Hyun-Su couldn't find it in himself to care about his bullies anymore.

You're really something. You wanna protect your family? But did you ever stop and wonder if your family would do the same for you?