𝟑𝟔 | 𝐉𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐇𝐨𝐨𝐤, 𝐊𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐀𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫

❝ 𝙸𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚒𝚍𝚜𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖, 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚕𝚊𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚓𝚎𝚠𝚎𝚕 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚔 𝚜𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝙹𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚜 𝙷𝚘𝚘𝚔, 𝚘𝚛 𝚊𝚜 𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚎 𝚑𝚒𝚖𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏, 𝙹𝚊𝚜. 𝙷𝚘𝚘𝚔, 𝚘𝚏 𝚠𝚑𝚘𝚖 𝚒𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚖𝚊𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚎𝚊-𝙲𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚏𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚍. 𝙷𝚎 𝚕𝚊𝚢 𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚊 𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚘𝚝 𝚍𝚛𝚊𝚠𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚙𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚋𝚢 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚖𝚎𝚗, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚊 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚒𝚛𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚌𝚑 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚗 𝚋𝚋 𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚊𝚐𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 𝚝𝚘 𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚙𝚊𝚌𝚎. ❞
- 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐧, 𝐉.𝐌 𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞.

─────────〔❨✧✧❩〕─────────

Hae-Rin, kneeling next to Hyun-Su and reaching towards his bloodied hand, gulped down her own pain.

The three gashes on her upper left arm stung worse than Hae-Rin's self-harming cuts. They were too deep, too dangerous. Her head, which had been held in a tight grip only seconds ago, hurt still, but that pain was slowly subsiding.

Hae-Rin's eyes were still on Eun-Hyuk and the boss.

Jung-Seop, on the other hand, pointed a gun at Eun-Hyuk's head, and Hae-Rin's heart stopped.

"Let them go or I'll blow his fucking brains out." Jung-Seop warned.

He was talking to few of the residents that were getting up to fight again. Some of them, like Byeong-ll and Eun-Yoo, were holding a bandit by the collar of his shirt, not letting him move until Jung-Seop threatened them. Slowly, the two let go of the bandit and he, just like the rest of them, got on their feet and reclaimed their weapons.

Damn it, we didn't get far. Hae-Rin thought disappointingly.

They were supposed to kill half of them, they were supposed to get rid of the bandits and free Green Home.

Instead, they failed.

Jung-Seop's men grumbled and limped towards their boss.

Well, at least they managed to injure them in any way they could. Even the one Hae-Rin had stabbed was barely moving as he tried to crawl forward as well.

"Sir." Nam-il suddenly warned, voice sounding scared.

Hae-Rin turned to face Jung-Seop to see what was happening only to see Ms. An slowly making her way towards the crowd.