𝟑𝟖 | 𝐆𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐌𝐞 𝐚 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐫 𝐊𝐢𝐬𝐬, 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫

❝ “𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝’𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝?”
“𝙸𝚝’𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜.”
𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚑𝚒𝚖.
“𝙵𝚞𝚗𝚗𝚢!” 𝚜𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚕𝚢. “𝙽𝚘𝚠 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝙸 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚖𝚋𝚕𝚎?” ❞
- 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐧, 𝐉.𝐌 𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞.

─────────〔❨✧✧❩〕─────────

On her way to the room, Hae-Rin saw Byeong-ll, Seung-Wan and Hye-In drawing a circle around a captured bandit.

Hae-Rin didn't even know that there had been one that was alive. Looking at him from a distance, she didn't recognise him. This man had a golden tooth and a bucket hat like Nam-il but he looked dumber than that asshole. He was also panickly trying to talk his way with the three residents as if he were scared of them.

"Hey, gold tooth." Byeong-ll said. "You're dead if you step out. I want to finish you off right now, but I'm holding back."

Hae-Rin scoffed.

"You don't have the guts to do that." Hye-In said, stepping forward.

Hae-Rin muted them for a second and looked around, feeling like someone was watching her. In the far corner of the hall, she saw Ui-Myeong slowly and slyly making his way over.

Their eyes met and Ui-Myeong smirked.

Hae-Rin kept glaring at him, crossing her arms over her chest and refusing to break eye contact.

"No, I didn't kill anyone. I only ran errands." The bandit promised, voice shaky and scared. "I committed financial crimes. I'm the brain."

"Throw him out. Something will come and eat him." Hye-In was suggesting at the side, acting as if she was that witty and strong. She then called out for her dog, "Bom, where are you?!"

Ui-Myeong finally reached Hae-Rin.

"Oh, Ui-Myeong!" The bandit shouted. "Please go ahead and tell them about me."

The residents turned to look at Ui-Myeong and immediately hid their weapons, suddenly afraid. Byeong-ll, though, when he saw Hae-Rin, he immediately looked away, pretending as if he didn't see her in fear that she'd lash out again.

Hae-Rin watched Ui-Myeong closely.

The boy took a step forward and stopped. He looked at the bandit for a few seconds and then started walking away.

"Wait, Ui-Myeong!" The bandit begged.

Hae-Rin walked after Ui-Myeong, determined to tell him to leave.

"Hey!" She shouted.

Ui-Myeong stopped and turned to face her.

"Yes, Hae-Rin?" He asked.