𝟑𝟗 | 𝐌𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫 𝐓𝐨 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞

❝ 𝚃𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚍𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚌𝚑, 𝚒𝚏 𝚊𝚌𝚌𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚍, 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚙𝚕𝚞𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚒𝚗 𝚍𝚎𝚎𝚙𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚠𝚘𝚎. ❞
- 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐧, 𝐉.𝐌 𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞.

─────────〔❨✧✧❩〕─────────

Hyun-Su groaned in pain, feeling the shards of glass cutting deep into his skin.

The scent of smoke assaulted his senses, searing his nostrils and invading his lungs with its suffocating tendrils. To his right, he could sense the intense heat of the flames, their flickering warmth dancing just out of reach. A gaping wound throbbed in his chest as his blood oozed out, pooling beneath him like a crying river. Agony coursed through his body with every laboured breath, each inhalation worsening the relentless pain.

"Your turn." Ui-Myeong said.

Hyun-Su lulled his head to the side and saw Ui-Myeong looking at Hae-Rin whose face was converted in horror.

Hyun-Su couldn't see Ui-Myeong's expression, but he was sure that he wore that sinister smile. The smile that made Hyun-Su hate Ui-Myeong, the smile that invoked fear in him.

Everything failed.

Hyun-Su's plan couldn't play out, Ui-Myeong killed Sang-Wook and Yu-Ri and was now threatening everyone. Hyun-Su didn't even have time to convince that asshole that he would come with him, that he believed him more than the residents.

Hae-Rin took a step back.

Ui-Myeong took a step forward, keeping the same pace.

Hyun-Su tried to stand up, but because of how deep the cuts from sheds of glass were, Hyun-Su's body simply gave up on listening to his commands.

Damn it.

For a second, all Hyun-Su could offer to do was watch.

Ui-Myeong didn't even waste a second, it was like he had all the time in the world and no time at the same moment, like he was standing on the line. He didn't waste a second as he raised his monsterized hand high in the air before swinging down; a horrifying blow meant for Hae-Rin as she slammed on the pillar that she had been hiding behind.

"Stop!" Hyun-Su shouted, aghast.

Hae-Rin fell on the ground with a yelp, rolling on her back right after.

Somewhere on the side, Hyun-Su saw Eun-Yoo leap on her feet, eyes wide. Eun-Hyuk and Yi-Kyung were ready for a fight, too, each waiting for the moment perfect for a strike.

Hyun-Su didn't want to wait.

He forced himself to stand up, begging his body to listen.

It wasn't the first time that he was injured, it wasn't the first time that a hole had been created in his body. Although each time, Hyun-Su had either fainted or gone completely limp. Each time was worse than the last and Hyun-Su was always left with no strength.