𝟏𝟓 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐎𝐟 𝐀 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐅𝐚𝐜𝐞

❝ 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚊 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝; 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚒𝚝 𝚎𝚡𝚌𝚎𝚙𝚝 𝚊 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚋𝚘𝚢 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚘𝚠. 𝙷𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚎𝚌𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚜𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚞𝚖𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚗 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠; 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚓𝚘𝚢 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚌𝚑 𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚎𝚍. ❞
- 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐧, 𝐉.𝐌 𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞.

─────────〔❨✧✧❩〕─────────
26th February

Hyun-Su couldn't show himself to Hae-Rin to thank her for his birthday balloons and makeshift cake, but that did not mean that he couldn't try and make her happy again.

So, a few days after his birthday, Hyun-Su went back to Green Home.

Seeing everything in ruins, seeing the surroundings, it was heartbreaking. He didn't know that the building could crumble in such a way, he didn't realise just how much damage it could receive. The rooms that he and Hae-Rin had once occupied together now stood as silent witnesses to their shared past, their walls echoing with the ghostly whispers of memories long gone. As he took in the devastation around him, Hyun-Su couldn't help but wonder how it had all come to this, how they had gone from a place of hope and promise to one of despair and destruction.

Not wanting to be too long away from Ah-Yi who had promised him not to wander away while he was gone, Hyun-Su continued to fly, getting closer to the building.

He had been watching from a far for a few moments, taking everything in.

Knowing where Hae-Rin's apartment had been, Hyun-Su flew straight towards her window.

The curtains were gone and, in their place, lay harsh wind and abandonment. With them gone, the once welcoming window now stood as a stark reminder of the harsh realities outside. But it wasn't just the curtains that were missing; half of the window itself lay in ruins, torn and crumbling. It was like the military and nature itself had taken it upon themselves to destroy everything that made the apartment a home, everything that brought light to it.

Sighing, Hyun-Su stepped inside, his wing disappearing in doing so.

The apartment wasn't as damaged as Hyun-Su thought it would be, but there were still broken chunks of walls and doors torn from their hinges.