𝟐𝟏 | 𝐈 𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐈𝐭 𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐞 (𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐀𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞)

❝ 𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚍 𝚒𝚜 𝚊𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚞𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚑𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚞𝚗𝚏𝚊𝚒𝚛𝚕𝚢

❝ 𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚍 𝚒𝚜 𝚊𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚞𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚑𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚞𝚗𝚏𝚊𝚒𝚛𝚕𝚢. 𝙰𝚕𝚕 𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚊 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚏𝚊𝚒𝚛𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜. 𝙰𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚞𝚗𝚏𝚊𝚒𝚛 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚒𝚖 𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚍𝚜 𝚋𝚎 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚋𝚘𝚢. ❞
- 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐧, 𝐉.𝐌 𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞.

─────────〔❨✧✧❩〕─────────

When Hyun-Su started to go on the missions alone, only then did he realise how lonely he was without Hae-Rin by his side.

He had finished the alarm on the upper floors and started to go in apartments to take stuff for the residents, hating it and cursing it every time he had to. There were monsters everywhere and Hyun-Su tried to avoid them all despite how much the monster in him kept telling him to kill and kill and, well, kill.

Hyun-Su often thought of the day Hae-Rin almost died.

When he was looking at her, when they were talking, when she was laughing. Every damn time.

It scared him.

It scared him to think that she could've died, that the only person closer to everything for him almost died. He couldn't stop thinking about how if his monster didn't take over his injured body, how he'd never been able to save Hae-Rin. It broke him to think that the only friend he had, the only person that seemed to understand him to the fullest, could've died in front of his eyes.

Hyun-Su had no doubt that Hae-Rin was his lighthouse at this point, he was pretty sure.

He was also sure that the day the monster in him saved her, Hae-Rin looked at him without fear for the first time.

Hyun-Su wasn't always able to see clearly when the monster was out, but even in the haze, he could see the relief that flooded Hae-Rin's eyes. He could feel her cold hands as they held his - or, well, his monster's hands.

Since he wasn't allowed to check on her while she was unconscious, he was glad that her friend, Eun-Yoo, kept giving him updates on Hae-Rin. He was glad that Hae-Rin had someone like her, knowing that both would keep each other safe made him sleep better. As long as Mr. Han and Eun-Yoo were with Hae-Rin, Hyun-Su felt relieved and calm.

Now that Hae-Rin was better and walking, Hyun-Su felt like he had more energy than before.

He was still annoyed and utterly frustrated that the residents kept telling him to get them things, but at least he had Hae-Rin to talk to and smile with after each mission.