𝟎𝟗 | 𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐲?

❝ 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚎𝚎, 𝚆𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚢, 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚋𝚊𝚋𝚢 𝚕𝚊𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚎𝚍 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎, 𝚒𝚝𝚜 𝚕𝚊𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝚊 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚙𝚒𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚜, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚜𝚔𝚒𝚙𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝,...

❝ 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚎𝚎, 𝚆𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚢, 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚋𝚊𝚋𝚢 𝚕𝚊𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚎𝚍 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎, 𝚒𝚝𝚜 𝚕𝚊𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝚊 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚙𝚒𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚜, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚜𝚔𝚒𝚙𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚏 𝚏𝚊𝚒𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜. ❞
- 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐧, 𝐉.𝐌 𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞.

─────────〔❨✧✧❩〕─────────

"All done." Grandpa Han said, sighing and looking up at Hyun-Su. "Hey."

Hae-Rin, who had sat down since it took the old man fifteen minutes to finish his design, stood up. She saw Hyun-Su looking at something on Grandpa Han's desk, but before she could see where his eyes were exactly, Grandpa Han was moving.

He turned on whatever it was that he turned on and Hyun-Su's spear produced electricity.

"Woah." Hae-Rin gasped.

Hyun-Su's attention was drawn to the weapon, too, and he gasped; eyes wide and mouth open.

"I put the same taser material as I did with Hae-Rin's weapon." Grandpa Han explained, watching Hyun-Su's weapon. "They still move around when their heads are chopped off. A kitchen knife can't do the job. But this will do."

Hae-Rin glanced at the kitchen knife she left on Grandpa Han's desk and smiled awkwardly.

"You think... I can kill them with that thing?" Hyun-Su asked.

"No, you cannot." Grandpa Han replied.

"How do you know that?" Hyun-Su asked.

"I just know it." Grandpa Han said, leaning to rest his elbow on his desk and then looking at both Hae-Rin and Hyun-Su. "Avoid them at all costs. If you come across one, run as fast as you can- no. Don't even let them see you, yeah?"

"All right-"

"You're good at hiding." Grandpa Han said, interrupting Hae-Rin. "Use it. Hide good and don't let them see you."

"Okay." Hae-Rin nodded. "I will hide."

"Then, why don't you give us one of your biggest weapons?" Hyun-Su asked.

He then pointed towards the crutch that was now a gun.

"No." Grandpa Han said, quickly glancing at the weapon and then back at Hyun-Su. "It's no good. This can only fire a few shots at a time. I already fired one. I might need another one."

"Then fix it?" Hae-Rin said in a deadpanned voice. "You're here all the time, anyway. You need a decent weapon, too, you know?"

Grandpa Han turned to look at her.