𝟑𝟐 | 𝐄𝐮𝐧-𝐘𝐨𝐨 𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐬 𝐀 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞

❝ 𝙹𝚘𝚑𝚗 𝚜𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚌𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚜𝚝, 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚐𝚘 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚘𝚗, 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚕𝚍 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚘 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚖𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚘𝚠. ❞
- 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐧, 𝐉.𝐌 𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞.

─────────〔❨✧✧❩〕─────────

The next few days went on fast.

The day after Ms. An informed them about her monsterization, the residents were all sitting in the daycare. They were either sulking or talking about Ms. An which, to be quite honest, did not lead to a good ending for Hye-In who was insulted by Eun-Yoo.

Few of the residents - Byeong-ll, Ji-Eun, Seung-Wan, and Hye-In mostly - were talking about Ms. An in that moment.

"I thought it was just her husband, but her whole life is awful." Hye-In had commented.

"Lady, your face is awful." Eun-Yoo had insulted loudly.

Hae-Rin, that night, had felt perfectly proud to have Eun-Yoo as her best friend. In fact, she had been covering her mouth and giggling when Eun-Yoo had insulted the older woman.

Then Jin-Ok had come to the daycare with a big jar of Korean wine. She had set the jar on the table, and every resident, including Eun-Yoo, had gathered around the table, wanting to drink, too. Hae-Rin didn't feel like drinking, not with Ji-Su still lying in the surgery room trying to recover. On the other hand, when Eun-Hyuk had seen them, Hae-Rin had been surprised that he let them drink as long as they didn't forget their duties.

The day after that, though, Mr. An had been telling them a story about his past experience and events.

He was trying to make the whole story scary, adding suspense by waiting a few minutes before continuing to talk and so on. The same residents were there and Hae-Rin had just returned from visiting Ms. An.

Hyun-Su had been keeping to himself for the past two days, wanting to process everything. Hae-Rin let him, of course. So, instead of forcing him to interact and socialise, she found a room with an empty bed and let Hyun-Su take it. They still ate together, though, and they still spent hours talking to each other, learning more about each other.

As Mr. An had been telling them the story, telling them about how they might be sitting under bunkers and tunnels at that moment, Yi-Kyung had arrived dragging a very dishaved-looking person.

The firefighter told them that the man might be a runaway soldier.

Then the man started to choke on the wine he so desperately wanted to chunk down and so they decided to tie him up for when he woke up.