𝟑𝟕 | 𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐇𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐂𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐞𝐱𝐢𝐬𝐭

❝ 𝙰𝚜 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚘𝚗 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚍 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚕𝚎𝚏𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚑𝚎𝚛? 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚍𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚒𝚌𝚞𝚕𝚝 𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗, 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚒𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚝𝚎 �...

❝ 𝙰𝚜 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚘𝚗 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚍 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚕𝚎𝚏𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚑𝚎𝚛? 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚍𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚒𝚌𝚞𝚕𝚝 𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗, 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚒𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚊𝚢 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚠𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚘𝚗 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚍, 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚌𝚞𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚋𝚢 𝚖𝚘𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚞𝚗𝚜, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚍. ❞
- 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐧, 𝐉.𝐌 𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞.

─────────〔❨✧✧❩〕─────────

They buried Ms. An in their makeshift graveyard, every resident coming to bring a flower upon her grave.

As the sun set down and the previous events started to catch up to everyone, Hae-Rin found herself in the quietest corner of the first floor, away from everyone. Beside her, the well-loved pages of her Peter Pan book lay open, its once old edges now marred by droplets of blood, like crimson tears staining the innocence of its pages. In a desperate attempt to erase the remnants of past horrors, she had attempted to clean the stains, but only succeeded in smearing the dried liquid further, leaving behind a haunting reminder of the darkness that had occurred not so long ago.

It was such an old book, and Hae-Rin's effort in cleaning her precious belonging only seemed to ruin it more.

Everything that happened was catching up to her ever since the burial for Ms. An had ended. Everything that she had done was crawling under her skin like invisible bugs and she felt the need to scratch her skin off, to peel herself off.

She had spent an hour cleaning her skin and taking a shower, trying to wash away the murder that lay visible on her hands. She changed clothes after that, and was now wearing some black sweatpants and a black oversized short-sleeved shirt that Grandpa Han landed it to her. Her hair had been sticking to her skin, irritating her, so she had done two braids, desperate to not feel anything on her skin. Lastly, once she had finished with all that, she threw her previous worn clothes near the main gate and burned them, wanting them completely gone from her sight.

When she was done with that, she found Eun-Hyuk who had stitched the wounds on her arm and wrapped said arm with some clean cloth that they had found.

Every movement, though, Hae-Rin could feel the pain as if her muscles were corrupted.

Sitting now on one of the small stairs, Hae-Rin found herself anxiously taking out a cigarette and lighting it up. She inhaled the smoke as soon as she pressed the cigarette to her lips, a sigh leaving her throat.