𝟐𝟗 | 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐍𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐠𝐢𝐚 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐨𝐥𝐬

❝ 𝙸 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝚒𝚝 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚊𝚏𝚊𝚛
𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚋𝚘𝚍𝚢 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚌𝚛𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚘𝚏𝚝𝚕𝚢
"𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚖𝚢 𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚊𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐"
𝙳𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔
𝙵𝚘𝚛 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞? ❞
- 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐦, 𝐌𝐚𝐣𝐢𝐤𝐨.

─────────〔❨✧✧❩〕─────────
7th July

Hae-Rin sat on the edge of a low cement wall, her feet dangling in the cool night air

The moon cast a silvery glow over the crumbled remains of the old stadium behind her, and despite the distance, she could just make out her father's grave, a small silhouette against the darkened landscape.

The night was quiet, save for the occasional rustle of leaves and the distant hum of phantom monsters. A gentle breeze swept through, carrying the scent of grass and earth like a dandelion in Pixie Hollow. The stars were out tonight as well, standing like old greetings high up in the sky; their eyes watching, their ears listening for any secrets.

It wasn't long before Hae-Rin heard footsteps and then a silhouette arriving, the presence loud yet still somehow soft.

"Sneaking out again, aren't you?" Min-Seok asked, shaking his head.

"Oops?" Offered Hae-Rin, smiling.

Min-Seok chuckled.

He looked around as if making sure there was no danger before going to sit next to her.

"What are you doing out so late?" Min-Seok asked.

"Thinking." Hae-Rin replied.

"About?"

"A lot of things, actually." Hae-Rin said. Min-Seok nodded, letting her continue. "For example, I'm thinking about my mom and how she's getting around the town."

"What do you mean how she's getting around the town?" Asked Min-Seok, glancing at her.

He knew where her mom was, he knew Hae-Rin's whole past at that.

As did Hae-Rin for him.

"She can't drive." Hae-Rin replied, chuckling a little.

"Wait, really?" Min-Seok asked.

"Yeah, Mama wasn't rich and she didn't have the opportunity to learn how to drive. That's why whenever she had to go patrolling, she had to go with a partner." Hae-Rin explained, each word either punching her in the gut or making her smile at the memory. "Maybe she learned how to drive in Incheon, I don't know."

"So you're telling me she went with a bus or a train all the time?" Min-Seok asked. "Damn, working as a police officer must've been double hard for her then."