𝟎𝟎 | 𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 (𝐑𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐞, 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫, 𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞)

“𝙶𝚎𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜, 𝙿𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚛,” 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚍, 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐.
“𝙽𝚘,” 𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚜𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚍, 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎, “𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝚆𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚢.”
“𝚈𝚎𝚜, 𝙿𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚛.”
“𝙽𝚘.”
- 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐧, 𝐉.𝐌 𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞.

─────────〔❨✧✧❩〕─────────

Hae-Rin avoided bumping into any spiderweb, but it seemed impossible.

They were everywhere.

Her backpack beat on her back as she ran, listening to the footsteps of the residents and her friends as they all followed the same path. There was a bit of light in the tunnel, popping in and out from time to time. The snow that had been falling from the broken roof for hours had managed to fall down into the tunnel as well, painting the first few feet of the tunnel white.

Yi-Kyung held her flashlight upfront as they ran, making sure none of them stepped onto something explosive.

Hae-Rin turned to look behind herself and froze.

Hyun-Su.

Where the fuck was he?

"What is it?" Asked Eun-Hyuk, stopping next to her. "What's wrong?"

"Hyun-Su." Hae-Rin replied. "Where is he?"

Eun-Hyuk and Eun-Yoo both looked behind and when they didn't see him, their eyes went wide. Gunshots and explosions wailed outside, muffed only because Hae-Rin and the rest were underground. Then Eun-Hyuk sighed and took a step back.

"I'll go get him." Eun-Hyuk announced.

The two girls looked at each other, then at Eun-Hyuk, eyes wide and worried.

Before he could walk away, Eun-Yoo grabbed him by his hand, pulling him back. Her eyes were filled with worry and fear as she shook her head.

Hae-Rin's heart squeezed.

Something didn't feel right with this.

"I'll come back." Eun-Hyuk promised. When Eun-Yoo didn't let go, her brother added, "Don't worry about me. I'll come back safely."

Even as he talked, his voice trembled a little.

"You promise?" Eun-Yoo asked.

"Mhmm. I promise." Eun-Hyuk said, smiling.

Eun-Yoo stared at him for a long moment before letting go of his hand.

Eun-Hyuk turned towards the way they came from and ran back, a flashlight in his hand. The two girls, though, they stayed there, waiting.