𝟐𝟕 | 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐈𝐬 𝐌𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠

❝ “𝙳𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚋𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚟𝚎?” 𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚍.
𝚃𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚜𝚊𝚝 𝚞𝚙 𝚒𝚗 𝚋𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚕𝚖𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚋𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚔𝚕𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚊𝚝𝚎. 𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚍 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚜𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚏𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚎, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜𝚗’𝚝 𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚎.
“𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚍𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔?” 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚜𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚛.❞
- 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐧, 𝐉.𝐌 𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞.

─────────〔❨✧✧❩〕─────────

Hae-Rin sat on the stairs, the darkest of shadows caressing her softly.

There was a small mistake on the flooring. The flooring was somewhat a cement but had those weird little black spots that decorated it, and if Hae-Rin wasn't wrong, then it was called a Terrazzo flooring. It was this old type of flooring that looked extremely cheap and sometimes belonged to unsanitary hospitals or cheap buildings, like Green Home. The spots that decorated it were in weird shapes, but one in particular seemed like it had missed the code and shaped itself beautifully.

The shape Hae-Rin's eyes were transfixed on looked like three stick figures only they were a bit disoriented.

Hae-Rin reached down and traced the shape, finger gathering dirt and debris.

It reminded her of herself, her mother and her grandmother. The shape. It reminded her of them together, of them holding hands and laughing at silly things.

As Hae-Rin sat there, head resting on her knees, one hand wrapped around her legs and an easy-going hand tracing the shape, she heard the residents talking in the daycare. She could hear their distant voices and their conversation came in the form of a muffed noise.

She had been sitting there for over thirty minutes now, wanting her silence and alone time.

It was somewhere past two hours of Hyun-Su choosing to join them, of Eun-Hyuk allowing him to choose. He was somewhere either in the daycare or in Grandpa Han's workshop.

But Hae-Rin had been feeling exhausted after everything that happened.

She had never seen that many monsters ever since the apocalypse started, and since she had been running on adrenaline the whole time, she barely got to register anything. After Yu-Ri stitched everyone and helped the injured ones back up - including Hae-Rin - the first floor became busy with voices. Most were still shocked to know that Hyun-Su was free to roam, but some were still processing the spider monster.

Hae-Rin, as Yu-Ri was checking her bruised shoulders, talked to Eun-Yoo who told her that none of the male residents wanted to help Su-Yeong and Grandpa Han.