𝟐𝟖 | 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐥𝐲

❝ “𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝙸 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍,” 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚒𝚍, 𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐, “𝚜𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚊𝚢 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚎 𝚊 𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚜.” ❞
- 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐧, 𝐉.𝐌 𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞.

─────────〔❨✧✧❩〕─────────
2nd July

Hyun-Su was finishing preparing lunch when Ah-Yi returned from her everyday adventuring.

That was what Hyun-Su started calling it since Ah-Yi started to leave the small house more and more. Sometimes, she left right after Hyun-Su and other times, she left with him and they'd separate on a random street.

Hyun-Su was worried every time Ah-Yi went out.

Not because of her abilities, of course.

But it was because he worried that someone might hurt her and Hyun-Su wouldn't be able to help her.

"I'm hungry." Ah-Yi said.

"Lunch's ready." Hyun-Su replied, waving a spatula in the air.

Ah-Yi smiled and skipped towards him, removing her mittens to help him set up the small table.

"Where's mom?" Ah-Yi asked, grabbing three plates.

"She'll be back soon." Hyun-Su told her. "She's out hunting for more food."

Ah-Yi hummed with a nod.

As Hyun-Su brought the food to the table, only then did he notice a flower crown on Ah-Yi's head.

Her hair had gotten so fluffy and big that the small flower crown simply sunk inside the various locks of hair. It was hard brushing her hair sometimes because it managed to plop up at any given occasion but Hyun-Su still liked doing that, he still enjoyed brushing and styling Ah-Yi's hair even thought he wasn't very good at it.

"Hey, Ah-Yi?" Hyun-Su asked, nodding towards Ah-Yi's head. "Where did you get that?"

Ah-Yi looked up as if she could see the crown and smiled.

"Hae-Rin made it for me." Ah-Yi replied.

Hyun-Su smiled.

He assumed it had been her.

Hae-Rin had been the one to teach Ah-Yi how to make flower crowns, and Ah-Yi, despite knowing how to, never made one for herself. Not if she wasn't doing it with Hae-Rin or that one time with Hyun-Su.

"Did you see her today?" Hyun-Su asked. Ah-Yi nodded, going to sit on one of the chairs. "Where was she?"

"The glass garden as usual." Ah-Yi said and Hyun-Su saw her smile.