𝟎𝟒 | 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐀𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐬 (𝐒𝐨 𝐅𝐚𝐫 𝐀𝐰𝐚𝐲)

❝ 𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗’𝚝 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚗 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚌𝚛𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐; 𝚒𝚏 𝚜𝚘, 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚍𝚛𝚘𝚠𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍; 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝, 𝚊 𝚋𝚛𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚢 𝚓𝚎𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚖𝚘𝚔𝚎 𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚞𝚎𝚍 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚒𝚝𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚖𝚗𝚎𝚢 𝚊𝚜 𝚒𝚏 𝚍𝚎𝚏𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙷𝚘𝚘𝚔. ❞
- 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐧, 𝐉.𝐌 𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞.

─────────〔❨✧✧❩〕─────────

The monster whimpered as Chan-Young kept stabbing it.

Eun-Yoo, watching the horrifying scene, grabbed the stick shift and started to push it away, trying to slow down the bus even as Jae-Hwan wanted to speed up.

"Let go of me!" Jae-Hwan shouted, glaring at Eun-Yoo. "Are you trying to kill us all?"

Eun-Yoo did not let go.

Hae-Rin glanced towards the eyeball monster and Chan-Young, watching as the soldier kept stabbing the monster anywhere he could. In the meantime, the bus kept stopping and driving, both Jae-Hwan and Eun-Yoo fighting over the control of it. Jae-Hwan just wanted to leave, though, but Eun-Yoo had a clear determination to help Chan-Young.

What can slow down a monster that is shaped like an eyeball? Hae-Rin thought to herself.

She was desperately trying to come up with something that'd help Chan-Young escape. For a second, she also thought of jumping out of the bus and running to his aid.

Then, an idea came.

Hae-Rin turned to look at the floor of the bus and saw the broken shards that the blind monster had shattered not long ago.

"What are you doing?" Asked Ji-Su.

"Saving a soldier, apparently." Hae-Rin replied.

Quickly grabbing the biggest shard, Hae-Rin returned to the open door of the bus, and since they had stopped at the moment, Eun-Yoo taking control of the stick shift, Hae-Rin had a good and close view of the monster. She grabbed the metal handle that was next to the open door and leaned her whole body out of the bus.

A monster covered in big eyes would only feel pain if its eye was hurt, or so, Hae-Rin assumed.

It was all she had, anyway.

So, with all the remaining strength that she could muster, Hae-Rin raised her hand, swung it, and threw the shard at the monster.

The monster screeched, loud and jarring.