𝟏𝟐 | 𝐑𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐋𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐌𝐞

❝ 𝙽𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚑𝚎𝚛. 𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚊 𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚌𝚔 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚜𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚢 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚖𝚎𝚎𝚝, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚌𝚊𝚖𝚎. ❞
- 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐧, 𝐉.𝐌 𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞.

─────────〔❨✧✧❩〕─────────

The bandage around Hae-Rin's shoulder stood like an alarming annoyance, its presence reminding Hae-Rin of the events three days ago.

She wasn't exactly sure what time it was or if the sun was high up in the sky, but the humidity under the stadium was enough to distract her from the fact that she might not be able to see the sun anymore. The corner she was sitting in was far from where the survivors slept it, far from where she'd be found unless it was Eun-Yoo looking for her, of course.

Every once in a while, the bracelet on her wrist glinted under the light of the flashlight while the red material tied on her other wrist stood dark.

Hae-Rin's lips released a tired sigh.

Despite the cold tunnel, Hae-Rin's heart was burning.

It has been only three days since the events of the tunnel, since Hae-Rin had seen Hyun-Su's blurry shadow as he left her without a word.

After they had gone back to the stadium that day, the doctor underground took care of Hae-Rin's and Eun-Yoo's injuries while the soldiers went to their corner to discuss. Chef Ji, however, was a changed person. If she didn't hate Eun-Yoo and Hae-Rin before, she absolutely loathed them now. Not just her, but in the past three days everyone had heard about how Hae-Rin and Eun-Yoo 'killed' Chef Ji's husband, about how they were murderers and how much Chef Ji and her daughter hated them. It didn't take long, just a simple day and a few hours for everyone to shift, for everyone to turn their backs on not just the two best friends, but every Green Home survivor, too.

Hae-Rin didn't much care about what people thought, she had grown up used to everyone's harsh eyes and words.

What she had been focused on, ever since Eun-Yoo had woken up from her unconsciousness, was letting her friend know that Hyun-Su was there, that he was alive.

Eun-Yoo was shocked, of course.

Although she had not seen Hyun-Su, she wholeheartedly believed Hae-Rin and that it wasn't them that had killed Mr. Kim.

What surprised Hae-Rin was that Eun-Yoo decided not to let anyone know that it wasn't them who had killed Chef Ji's husband. She didn't want anyone to know about the truth, she didn't want everyone to turn their backs on Chef Ji because, after all, it was her that let them stay under the stadium, her that gave them shelter.