𝟏𝟕 | 𝐓𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝'𝐬 𝐒𝐤𝐲

❝ “𝙿𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚜𝚗’𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐.”

“𝙽𝚘𝚠 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗,” 𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚛, “𝚗𝚘 𝚏𝚞𝚜𝚜, 𝚗𝚘 𝚋𝚕𝚞𝚋𝚋𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐; 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍-𝚋𝚢𝚎 𝚆𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚢”;
𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚍 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚕𝚢, 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚊𝚜 𝚒𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚖𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚐𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚠, 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘. 𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚍, 𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚗𝚘 𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚏𝚎𝚛 𝚊 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚖𝚋𝚕𝚎. ❞
- 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐧, 𝐉.𝐌 𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞.

─────────〔❨✧✧❩〕─────────
28th April

We can't. Hyun-Su insisted.

Yes, we can. His monster replied. Come on, Hyun-Su. If not today, when?

Never.

His monster sneered.

Hyun-Su gripped the stud that was emerging from a broken wall, its shape a violent thing, as he forced himself to stay.

Hyun-Su.

I can't, okay? Hyun-Su shot back. I have lied, I have murdered, I have... betrayed her in a way. Do you think she'd want this? She wouldn't. I have forgotten her for a while, too, and it's not like I can just-

Yes, you can! His monster said, voice dark and horrifying. I can.

Listen, the rule-

Forget your rule, Hyun-Su.

Before he could react, his monster fought him out of his control and consumed his body and mind. Hyun-Su was thrown at the back of his own mind, at the back of his own being, body rolling down in endless bits of darkness with only his eyes serving as windows to the outside. His monster took the control from him like hungry shadows, each tendril a fierce grasp of force.

Hyun-Su's body was no longer his, and he was forced to sit chained to the darkness and watch through his eyes.

Then, he felt his lips, which weren't his anymore, quirk in a smirk.

━━━━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━━━━

The sun's gentle rays filtered through three branches and leaves, painting the cement and grass below them with strokes reminiscent of a master artist's brush. Each leaf and branch became a canvas, decorated with nature's vibrant palette, creating a breathtaking art of light and shadow. Above, the birds sang the melodies of spring and nature, each voice a different octave.