𝟎𝟑 | 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐧 𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐬 𝐓𝐨 𝐑𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐀 𝐇𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧

❝ “𝙲𝚊𝚗’𝚝 𝚐𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚜, 𝚌𝚊𝚗’𝚝 𝚐𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚜!” 𝚌𝚛𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚛. “𝙳𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚒𝚝 𝚞𝚙?”
𝙾𝚏 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚘 𝚏𝚊𝚛, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚜 𝚜𝚊𝚠 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎.
“𝚈𝚎𝚜, 𝚢𝚎𝚜,” 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚜𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚎𝚊𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚕𝚢.
“𝚆𝚎𝚕𝚕, 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗,” 𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚍, “𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝙿𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙿𝚊𝚗!”
𝙿𝚊𝚗! ❞
- 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐧, 𝐉.𝐌 𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞.

─────────〔❨✧✧❩〕─────────

Hyun-Su sat in the middle of a shopping mal with no shirt on, eyes cast at Ui-Myeong who seemed unbothered as he tried on suits.

"We only get one shot at a first impression. We are about to meet others like you." Ui-Myeong was saying, smiling at the mirror as if this was just a simple hangout with friends. "You know 'infectees'." He scoffed, fixing his cuffs. "That name pisses me off, though. Any suggestion?"

He glanced back at Hyun-Su who was just glaring at him.

There was a gaping hole in his chest, and even though all the blood had already dried, he could still smell it.

When he woke up, Hyun-Su found himself in this mall with Ui-Myeong gathering clothes left and right. Exhausted, Hyun-Su could do nothing but watch him.

God, he hated him.

"Hmm! 'Neohumanity!'" Exclaimed Ui-Myeong suddenly, and then, looking at Hyun-Su, he added, "God, you really look like shit." Without waiting for his reply, he started to rammage through the suits he had taken. "None of this played out how I wanted it to."

With a 'sorry', he threw a black jacket in Hyun-Su's direction.

The jacket fell on the ground next to his feet and Hyun-Su merely glanced at it before looking up at Ui-Myeong again.

"So you weren't planning on a shopping spree?" He sassed. "Then why exactly am I here?"

Ui-Myeong turned to look at him and smiled.

"I wanted you to live." He replied. "I think you'd like that compared to being a rat in the lab. To liberate you, that's why I did this." Walking towards the jacket he had thrown, he added, "humanity won't give up. They already had you in their hands, so I figured they're taking this personally."