𝟏𝟏 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐫

❝ “𝙸𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝙸 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝚏𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛,” 𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚊 𝚕𝚘𝚠 𝚟𝚘𝚒𝚌𝚎, “𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚊 𝚖𝚊𝚗.”
𝙷𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚎𝚡𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚕𝚢 𝚊𝚐𝚒𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚗𝚘𝚠.
“𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗’𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚊 𝚖𝚊𝚗,” 𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚙𝚊𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗. “𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚊 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚋𝚘𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚞𝚗. 𝚂𝚘 𝙸 𝚛𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝙺𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚝𝚘𝚗 𝙶𝚊𝚛𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚍 𝚊 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚒𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜.” ❞
- 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐧, 𝐉.𝐌 𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞.

─────────〔❨✧✧❩〕─────────

The sky slowly darkened and the day turned into night.

They tucked the kids under soft blankets and helped Ms. Im next to them. Their first priority was to let the kids sleep, knowing that even though they, themselves, were scared, the kids had it worse.

First to take a shift of watching over the door and windows was Grandpa Han. It had been when the sun was still there, when it was too early to sleep, but the rest of them had gone, anyway. Then it was Jae-Heon who guarded the door as Grandpa Han, the teens, the older woman, and the kids slept. Lastly, as of now, the shift for Ji-Su was coming to an end.

Hae-Rin was awake, too, since she had slept the whole day yesterday and didn't need much sleep. She only slept during Jae-Heon's turn.

She got woken up when the man was waking Ji-Su up, so she decided to stay awake together with Ji-Su.

"Do you play an instrument?" Hae-Rin asked.

She was leaning on some drawers, hands playing with her Peter Pan book while her basketball bat rested next to her legs. Ji-Su, on the other hand, was pacing around with her own bat in her hands.

"Yes, why?" Asked Ji-Su.

"Your fingers." Hae-Rin said, nodding at the girl's hands. "They're calloused."

Ji-Su looked down at her hands and nodded. For a moment, she seemed quiet and Hae-Rin thought that the conversation had come to an end.

"I play bass." Ji-Su finally said.

"Damn, really?" Hae-Rin asked, eyes wide. "That's pretty cool."

Ji-Su turned to look at her and smiled.