ᗢ ☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚|53| ☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚ᗢ

WC: 878

It was early morning when one of the company cars arrived to pick them up. It had them wondering if today would be the day. They pondered if their contracts would be nullified. However, they promised each other they wouldn't think that way. The couple greeted their driver as they always did. Then they moved to sit in the back. They informed Chan, who was going to meet them there. They didn't want to go in there without backup. 

The ride there was quiet and long. However, the duo was being dropped off close to the same time as Chan. They waited patiently for him so they could walk in together. The group still didn't talk, Minho and Jisung holding each other's hands. Minho took note of Chan and how on edge he seemed. 

Stopping at the door, Chan pulled Minho aside. "I have your backs. I'm on your side, okay?"

They nodded in acknowledgment, taking the final leap before heading in. The manager and typical counsel around the table. The manager instructed them to take their seats before beginning their meeting. 

"I'd like to open this meeting with, how have you two been?" Gazing at the two, noticing that they looked like they hadn't been eating enough

Refraining from scuffing, Jisung held his knee. "We've been okay. It's been tough. We've been trying to adjust to this different way of life. Money is tighter than normal. Our money was put on hold by the company. We were told we would only receive what would be considered an allowance."

"What is that?" The lawyer spoke up after finishing writing something down.

"Once we were placed on leave, we were told our pay would be held. We would receive only a portion of it until the final decision. Only then, would we receive our earnings. In addition to this, we could only take a portion of our belongings." Minho explained

Chan took this as a prime example to bring attention to their things, "They are talking about Jisung's recording things that he purchased that the staff would not allow him to take. They could take clothes and necessities. However, it was a fight to take their phones and computers." 

The department lawyer raised a brow, "Are you serious?" 

"I have the messages from the staff member refusing to allow me to come and gather my recording items. Calling me a liar when I said they were mine." Jisung offered his phone over to the open hand. 

"Manger-nim, this is unacceptable. They were placed on leave. Not being fired from their positions!" The lawyer scolded

He nodded, "But that was not up to me. That decision came from those above me." 

"Unacceptable. You will get your pay for the two weeks of last month and this month. In addition to your continued pay, you can retain any of your belongings you want. If you are restricted, you will call this number immediately."

The manager started to protest but was promptly halted with a fierce look. "Was there more that we are to discuss?" Minho asked

"We know Chan has been working to get you jobs, but we cannot allow that right now. You have your scheduled jobs. That is all we can do right now." The manager offered

Minho grumbled, "That's it?" 

"More or less. You need to understand that this is a form of punishment. You went behind our backs and got married." 

"You wouldn't have let us get married if we asked!" Minho spoke loudly

The manager smacked the table, "You're damn right! You are young and naive. You were doing this act out of fan service." 

Jisung stood, taking his turn to smack the table. "How dare you! How dare you make our relationship out to be nothing more than fan service. I thought you were on our side! You are nothing more than one of those crazed fans who only see what they want! What we have is not fan service. You are despicable! This right here is why we didn't communicate to you anything. Because every time we did, you would tear us down!"

"How could you say their relationship is just fan service? They got married!" Chan spoke up, astonished at what the manager said

"It could have been a ploy to get more attention and fans. How the hell am I supposed to know? This is why I tried to break them up and tear them apart." 

"Manager-nim, I think it is time for you to leave." The lawyer spoke, standing. This would begin a feud between the duo. The lawyer remained calm while the manager's cap blew, and security came to escort him from the room and presumably the premises. "I am sorry for that. We will compile a list of appropriate managers for you to choose from. That was no way for a manager to speak to his personnel, even those on leave. I will take this to the next level and try and get you back to work."

"Thank you. Can we be in contact with our members again? We've missed being able to talk to them." Minho spoke up

They looked on as the lawyer rubbed their face, "Yeah, of course. You should have been able to do that from the beginning." Sighing, listening to what else incurred to them being put on leave. 

Being told it would be taken care of, Chan left the company with the duo.

8

thank you so much for loving this story as much as I do. 💚 🩷 

~DQ