ᗢ ☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚|58| ☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚ᗢ

WC: 805

The group arrived early to the meeting room, all their papers stapled and in place. Seungmin took the initiative to place them around the table. Taking their seats, Chan and Seungmin would lead the meeting from their side when their Manager didn't. 

Minho sat holding Jisung's hand, which helped calm his nerves. Well, at least the best he could. Honestly, they were all over the place. This was a step in their careers. They weren't sure what kind of step, but it was a step! Who knows if they were going to be prepared enough? They all dress nicely, making an effort to look professional. Changbin, who wanted to tell the company to shove it where the sun doesn't shine, made an effort.

As the company representatives walked in, they stood greeting them. After they settled, the meeting began. The Manager took the reins, stating why this meeting was called. The group took in the shocked faces of the company. Following their opening statements, the company was handed the floor. They attempted to offer more money, more rest periods, offering whatever they could. However, it was Chan and Seungmin's turn to speak for the group. 

"We still are not going to renew our contracts. We have enjoyed our time here and the ability to grow. We, as a group, unanimously agree we would like to part ways. We bought the rights and masters to our songs. Any songs that weren't, were addressed. However, when you produce your own music, there isn't much red tape to leap through."

"Are you sure? Once you sign these papers, there is no coming back." One of the advisors asked one last time. He viewed everything in the stack of papers, cleared by their lawyer. 

"Yes. We are thankful for our time here and hope we have opportunities to work with you again." The group stood, bowing.

"Where are you heading?" JYP, who had been silent most of the meeting, finally questioned their next step. 

Seungmin smirked before standing tall, his face stoic once again. "We are keeping that private until everything has been worked out."

"Very well. These past ten years have been amazing. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors." JYP stood, coming to shake each of their hands. "You each have grown. I hope to see you continue working in this field. I expect to collaborate in the future." 

Minho smirked behind JYP's back, seeing Changbin trying to hold back the roll of his eye. After finishing the paperwork, they only had a week or so before their contract was done. 

Once they left the company, it was time to prepare the rest of their things. Three days later, they released their official statement. JYPE had yet to release their departure from the company. However, news outlets were beginning to speculate. Leave it to JYPE to wait until the final moments. This would hopefully clear it up for their fans and followers. 

Breaking News

It is confirmed that Stray Kids will not renew their contracts with JYP Entertainment! The official statement from the SKZ manager, who stated that after a thorough discussion, the bandmates came to this conclusion together. When asked what is the next step for the group, leader Bang Chan has announced that they will be opening their own company!  Company name: Racha. It seems fitting as they have 3Racha, DanceRacha, and VocalRacha. These names have been confirmed to stay with them, along with their fandom name, Stay. Lastly, their group name was also taken with them. At this time, there has been no indication of a comeback under the new company name.

We wish the group the best of luck!

After reading the small exert, Chan sat back in their new company meeting room that was not bleak. It had colors per Hyunjin and Felix's request. They hated how bland everything at the other company was. They wanted it to be fun and inviting. For who? The rest of the members weren't sure. It even had some of Hyunjin's artwork up per the group's request. If the space was going to be decorated, might as well be done by their very own artist.

"Well, when would everyone like to do a comeback? We've set money aside, so we have our budget. It'll be on the lower end, but it's nothing we haven't worked with before." 

"Are we hiring people in for this?" Hyunjin asked

"We can; we just have to monitor costs." 

"I think we keep it more minimal, see what happens. The next one, we can always spice things up. Listen to what the fans want. Don't forget our Japan single is coming out in a couple of months." Seungmin suggested

The group began looking at the calendar. "How about three months? Might be a tight squeeze, but that should give us time to adapt and figure everything out." Minho and Changbin suggested

"Alright, now I have some songs..." Chan started throwing out ideas and dropping songs to the others

3

we're getting down there now. plus, they're in their own company!

y'all are amazing. thank you. 💞 

I have decided that the epilogue will have a set time for uploading. On Friday it will be out at 1700 EST. ^^

Until next time ~DQ