Day Of The Dino Part 2

"Dr. O, before you go off...can we explain why we're here?" Ethan asked as the two boys walked around Tommy while Avalon stepped to the side, fiddling with the locket and feeling like she got caught by one of her professors at Hogwarts again. "Dude, he's just gonna laugh when we tell him." Conner whispered to Ethan and Avalon perked her head up at that. "It's the truth...he'll believe us." Ethan reassured Conner who still did not look convinced. "Alright...Kira's gone." Conner started and Tommy looked at Avalon who nodded. "She got taken by these weird looking dinosaur things." Ethan said as Tommy got a look on his face and turned around, a look of realization on his face. "They're called Tyranno-drones." Tommy explained and Avalon took a step closer. "And you know this how?" Avalon asked as Tommy looked at her before sighing. "I helped create them." Tommy revealed and Avalon's eyes widened. 'My magic would have told me though if he was truly evil or not, though...and he isn't.' Avalon thought to herself. 

"Oh, class project?" Ethan asked to try and lighten the mood. "It's a long story. For now, we got to figure out what they want with Kira." Tommy explained as turned back to look at the boys. "It might have something to do with these." Conner said as he pulled out a red gem similar to the one Avalon had. Avalon gasped and her eyes began to glow green as she looked down at her locket where her gemstone was located. The boys handed Tommy the yellow gemstone as he paced back and forth. "We're really sorry...how are we supposed to know those things had like...superpowers and those lizard dudes were gonna come looking for em?" Conner asked Tommy while Avalon still fiddled with the locket. 'Wait...powers? They have powers?' Avalon thought as she looked at the science teacher with a questionable gaze. "I guess this isn't exactly something you see everyday." Tommy admitted and Avalon wanted to snort. 'I've handled enchanted stones before.' Avalon thought back to her first year with a fond smile. 

"Sort of like a science teacher with the ruins of an ancient civilization under his house?" Ethan asked sarcastically. 'Try having a whole underground system under a castle where a giant snake resides...oh, speaking of which, I should check in on Esmeralda when I can.' Avalon thought and she let a small smirk appear on her face. "Like, not that this isn't all really cool, but seriously dude, you gotta come clean." "Don't call me/him dude." Avalon and Tommy said at the same time, sharing a look before Avalon looked away, flushing as she did so. "As hard as this may seem, you two...three, need to forget all about this. I'll find Kira." "Oh like bloody likely I will." Avalon said as she went to take a step towards Tommy when Conner sped in front of him, making the science teacher smirk a bit. "The gem's powers has already started to bond with you." Tommy noted with a smile. "You can tell us all about it now, or at my next parent teacher conference." 'Ouch, pulling out that card.' Avalon winced and followed Tommy out of the lab with Ethan and Conner as well, the three getting back into Tommy's jeep. 

As the group drove down the road, Kira managed to use her sonic screams to get away from Mesogog, Zeltrax and Elsa and went through an invisaportal. Back in the jeep, Avalon kept sparing glances at Tommy as he explained everything to the three of them. "So, when you said you helped create those...Tyranno...whatevers, you were just kidding right?" "I don't he was, Ethan." Avalon said and Tommy sighed, nodding his head.  "They weren't supposed to be used like this. Someone has modified their programing. A few years back, I was doing research on combining dinosaur DNA with technology...my partner, a scientist named Anton Mercer-" "The rich guy who disappeared years ago?" Ethan asked and Tommy nodded. "Shortly after Mercer disappeared, our lab was attacked, all of the research was destroyed...or at least I thought it was." Tommy said as he continued driving down the road. "And the guy who did this is back?" Conner asked from the backseat.