5.3 - Okay, then I'll call you Zong Yan from now on

like......

  Zong Yan was shocked, but then he realized that the love Ruan Qingyun said might not be meant for him.

  His liking...is for his father?

  It seems that Ruan Qingyun and his father had a good relationship before.

  In this case, why did Ruan Qingyun... what happened to them before?

  Zong Yan's eyebrows were furrowed, and he suddenly felt agitated for no reason.

  He has been taught to be upright since he was a child. As the chief disciple of the Wuyang Sword Sect, he has always acted based on this and never dared to have any selfish motives.

  ——This is already an upbringing and habit ingrained in one's bones.

  Even if he was imprisoned by Ruan Qingyun for a year... But now seeing Ruan Qingyun's attitude, it is inevitable to think about whether there are other hidden reasons.

  Otherwise, why would Ruan Qingyun be so dependent on and even like his father?

  I am becoming more and more eager to know the truth of that year.

  Zong Yan slowly raised his eyes and met Zhu Xiaoxiao's reddish eyes: "I don't dislike you, I just need to adjust my breath to consolidate my cultivation."

  At least he can't push Ruan Qingyun further away now.

  "Can you sleep on your own now?"

  Zhu Xiaoxiao flattened his mouth and sniffed again: "Okay then..."

  He just got off the Arhat bed, and after lying down on his own bed, he couldn't help but ask: "Then...do you really not dislike me?"

  Zong Yan: "...I don't dislike it."

  Not wanting to answer any more questions that he didn't want to ask, Zong Yan waved his sleeves and put out the candles in the room.

  The surrounding area instantly fell into darkness, and then a rustling sound immediately sounded, as if someone quickly got into bed.

  Zong Yan: "..."

  If I had known it would be so easy to make Ruan Qingyun lie peacefully on the bed...

  Looking through the moonlight coming through the window, I saw a small bulge on the bed.

  That was a sleeping posture that Ruan Qingyun would never have - even Zong Yan had never seen Ruan Qingyun's sleeping posture before, but she wrapped herself in the quilt like this, as if she was seeking a sense of security. If the Ruan Qingyun before... .... He couldn't imagine that Ruan Qingyun had always been strong and outspoken in front of him in the past.

  Now...she looks like a child.

  No, in Ruan Qingyun's understanding, he was sixteen years old.

  Sixteen years old...

  Maybe he could find out what happened at this time.

  After thinking about it, Zong Yan closed his eyes.

  When he said that he needed to adjust his breath and consolidate his cultivation, he didn't bother Ruan Qingyun.

  "I will be good to you..."

  The muffled voice came over, so softly that it seemed like there was nothing there, making it hard to hear clearly.

  Zong Yan paused, did not open his eyes, and of course did not respond.