Chapter 3

Dex was tapping his fingers against his cup of coffee as he was waiting inside this café for Fitz to come.

It had been two days since Fitz had asked him to be his fake boyfriend.
Dex made his decision a day early, which when he hailed Fitz about it, Fitz seemed eager to hear his answer and told him to wait at this café.

The bell rang as someone entered the café and Dex instantly looked over to see Fitz looking around the building.
Dex waved his hand at Fitz and Fitz noticed Dex. Fitz smiled as he instantly made his way over and took a seat across from Dex.
"Hey." Fitz said, crossing his arms on the table.
"Uh, hey. You want anything before we talk?" Dex asked, smiling at Fitz.
"No, I'm okay." Fitz shook his head.
"So... you've made a decision."

Fitz stared at Dex, still smiling at him and leaning in forward. Dex gulped and he picked up his cup of coffee, quickly taking a sip of it.
"Uh, mmhmm..." Dex nodded, humming at Fitz.
"So... will you do it?" Fitz tilted his head at Dex.

Dex sucked in a breath and he bit his lower lip.
"... It's only for a month, right?" Dex shrugged.
"Soo... I'll do it. If it helps you, then sure."
Fitz clasped his hands together.
"Great!" Fitz exclaimed.
"Thanks, seriously Dex!"

"We need to talk about how we're going to do this though." Dex said, shuffling in his seat.
"Like, ground rules. What's allowed, what isn't allowed."
Dex used his hands as he spoke.
Fitz hummed and nodded.
"Okay... well, I know what the first rule should be." Fitz said.
"Yeah?" Dex raised his eyebrows.

"No falling in love with each other." Fitz stated, staring directly into Dex's eyes.
"None of that. You probably want to be with someone different than me, and I don't think you're the guy I'm looking for."
Dex smiled slightly at Fitz.
"No falling in love with each other during this then." Dex said, nodding slightly.
"Gotcha."

Dex tapped his fingers against his coffee cup again.
"Uhm... kissing. We should talk about... kissing." Dex said, feeling his mouth go dry.
Fitz scratched his neck nervously.
"Oh! Uhm... well, for that... I think for that I'm fine with whatever really." Fitz shrugged.
"I mean, we obviously don't have to like kiss each other on the lips if you aren't comfortable."
Dex bit his lower lip.

"Y-yeah, I am not comfortable with kissing on the lips." Dex said, his fingers tapping the cup more rapidly now as his knee began to bounce up and down under the table.
Fitz smiled.
"That's fine. So... kisses on the cheek and stuff like that is fine then? As long as it's not on the lips?" Fitz asked.
Dex nodded.
"Yeah, I guess..." Dex shrugged.

"Alright! Mmh... Pet names! That's... that's something couples do, right?" Fitz tilted his head.
"Did you and Sophie have pet names?" Dex raised his eyebrows.
"Uhm..." Fitz furrowed his eyebrows, thinking about it.
" No...but maybe pet names will make this more believable? "
"If you think so, then...I guess we could do that?" Dex shrugged.

"W-what would I call you?"
Fitz tapped his finger against his chin, humming.
"Hmm...sweetheart?" Fitz shrugged.
Dex grimaced.
"Erm...yeah, no." Dex shook his head.
"What about...'loverboy'? It sounds more like something I would call you."
Fitz felt his cheeks warm up.

"Loverboy, really?" Fitz scrunched up his face.
Dex grinned.
"Hah, you're blushing. I'm calling you loverboy!" Dex exclaimed.
"Give me a pet name now!"
Fitz grumbled and he tapped his fingers against the table.

"Mmh...alright. I'll call you 'darling'." Fitz grinned at Dex.
Dex raised his eyebrows as his cheeks heated up.
"No." Dex stated.
"Oh yes." Fitz nodded.
Dex huffed and he sighed.
"Fine, okay." Dex said, admitting defeat.

"We've discussed kissing, pet names, no falling in love, what else?"
"Mmh...let me think..."

Dex wasn't sure about agreeing to this anymore, but he already told Fitz he'd do it. So, he was now Fitzroy Vacker's fake boyfriend, to prove to Alden that Fitz in fact liked boys as well as girls.

What fun.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 705