Chapter 25

As soon as the timer went off, Dex instantly locked his lips against Fitz's.
Fitz managed to kiss Dex back for only a second before Dex slightly pulled away and leaned in towards Fitz's ear.
"I win." Dex whispered.
Fitz felt his heart flutter and he instantly pressed their lips together again.

The timer kept beeping in the background, so Fitz clumsily used one of his hands to grab the timer as he continued to kiss Dex. Fitz managed to turn off the timer and he brought his hand towards Dex's face, gently holding it.

Dex smiled into the kiss, tilting his head and he gently pushed Fitz back. Fitz complied, leaning back as he and Dex kissed, Dex leaned in with him. Fitz's shoulders hit the headboard of the bed. Dex's hands slid away from Fitz's hair and down to his shoulders. Fitz's hand rested on Dex's lower back, fiddling with the fabric of Dex's shirt.

A few more seconds passed before they both pulled away from each other.
"Shit, you really were eager." Fitz grinned.
Dex's cheeks turned red and he rolled his eyes.
"Shut up." Dex mumbled.
"Only if-" Fitz began.

They both seemed to jump as there was a knock on Dex's bedroom door.
"Uhm, what's up?!" Dex called, sitting up properly on Fitz's lap.
"I heard some noises from up here, is everything okay?" Juline called from the other side of the door.
"Mmhm, yep! Fine! I just wanted to see if I could make something within 20 minutes!! The timer just went off while I was adding some finishing touches!!" Dex exclaimed, facing towards the door.

Dex glanced at Fitz and noticed that Fitz was holding back a snicker. Dex grabbed one of his pillows and he pressed it gently against Fitz's face.
"Oh, okay... well, I'll leave you be then!" Juline shouted. "Just be careful with what you're doing, Dex!"
"Mmhmm!! I will!" Dex shouted back.
Dex then heard his mother's footsteps heading away from his room.

Dex lifted the pillow from Fitz's face and Fitz laughed.
"Finishing touches?" Fitz questioned.
"I'm gonna murder you." Dex smiled at Fitz.
"Awh, then you won't be able to kiss me anymore." Fitz smiled as he tilted his head at Dex.

"I'm sure I could find someone else to kiss. Maybe someone better than you." Dex said, leaning in as he gently held the pillow against Fitz's chest.
"You wound me." Fitz frowned, reaching up towards Dex.
"Would a kiss make you feel better?" Dex tilted his head, grinning at Fitz.
"... Maybe a little." Fitz shrugged, smiling back at Dex.

Dex placed a peck on Fitz's lips before he got off from Fitz's lap and laid down next to him, resting his head on Fitz's shoulder.
"Wha- hey!" Fitz frowned, gently chucking the pillow at Dex.
Dex giggled as he held the pillow against his chest now, cuddling with it as he looked up at Fitz.

"That wasn't a kiss." Fitz frowned.
"It was a kiss." Dex smiled.
Fitz kept pouting and Dex rolled his eyes.
"We gotta cool down on the kissing. Especially since this'll be over soon." Dex said, placing the pillow back to where it originally was before.
Fitz wrapped his arm around Dex's shoulder and Dex tilted his head, burying his face into Fitz's neck.

"Well, shouldn't we be kissing even more if this'll be over soon? Kiss as much as we can?" Fitz questioned
"Why do you wanna kiss me so much, I thought I wasn't the guy you were looking for?" Dex asked, lifting his head and raising an eyebrow at Fitz.
Fitz stayed silent, his cheeks turning red.
"... I'm a player and I like kissing people??" Fitz shrugged.
Dex couldn't help but smile.

"You could never be a player." Dex stated.
"I have a ton of girls throwing themselves at me." Fitz retorted.
"Yeah, you have a ton of fangirls and fanboys, but you don't accept their advances. And you like to put all of your attention on the person you're interested in." Dex said. "When you're in love, you just focus on that person you've fallen in love with."

Fitz brought his hand up to Dex's hair and gently twirled his fingers around a couple of strands of Dex's hair.
"You know me too well." Fitz stated.
"How do you even know that-?"
"Oh come on, I observed a lot of our friends when I was always left in the shadows. I noticed how you acted towards Sophie." Dex rolled his eyes.
"Mmh..." Fitz hummed in response.

A silence overcame them and Dex snuggled closer to Fitz as Fitz continued to play with his hair.

"How are you feeling about the dinner we're going to have this weekend?" Dex asked.
"A little nervous about how my dad will act towards your parents, and how Lex is going to act towards me." Fitz stated. "But, I think I'm actually excited."

Dex looked up at Fitz and Fitz smiled at Dex.
"Excited?" Dex raised an eyebrow.
"I mean... it'll be interesting to see how everyone will act, right? Biana will probably be a menace with the triplets, I'm sure our mothers will be kind to one another and... I want to see if my dad will be amused by your dad or not." Fitz stated.

"And... we'll probably spend time together afterwards too, right?"
Fitz looked at Dex and they locked eyes.
"Probably." Dex smiled at Fitz.
"I'm definitely excited to have some alone time with you then." Fitz smiled back at Dex.

"We have alone time together now." Dex stated.
"Truee...but this will be after a long dinner surrounded by family." Fitz stated. "And I'll most likely be drained from all the socialising and I'll need you to energise me."
"And how will I energise you?" Dex raised his eyebrows at Fitz.

"Mmh, I dunno." Fitz shrugged.
"Kissing, cuddling, boosting my ego, just... talking?"
"Orr... all of the above?" Dex suggested.
"... I like all of the above." Fitz nodded, grinning at Dex.
Dex smiled and he shut his eyes.

"Don't fall asleep on me, Dizznee." Fitz said softly.
"But you're so comfortable~" Dex sighed out.
Fitz smiled, admiring Dex as he continued to play with his strawberry blonde hair. Fitz leaned in and he placed a soft kiss on top of Dex's head. Dex leaned in closer to Fitz.

"How much longer do you want me to stay here?" Fitz asked, his voice soft and quiet.
Dex shrugged. "Dunno, don't mind."
"I just like having you here."
Fitz studied Dex's face. He looked as if he were about to drift off to sleep.
"Alright. I'll stick around a little longer." Fitz said softly.

Fitz knew Dex had trouble sleeping, since Dex told him that. Fitz has noticed that Dex falls asleep quickly when he's in the presence of his 'boyfriend' too. So, Fitz would let Dex rest for a little bit.

Fitz wanted to make sure that his boyfriend would be well-rested and content.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 1170