Chapter 13

Dex knocked on Lex's bedroom door and he waited a few moments until a quiet, "come in," was heard.

Dex opened the door and he saw Lex with his knees up to his chest. He was fiddling with his hands and staring at his bedsheets.
"Hey bud." Dex said softly, entering the room and shutting the door behind him.

Lex glanced at Dex but he looked away quickly. Dex frowned slightly as he went over and sat down next to Lex. Dex wrapped his arm around his younger brother and rubbed his shoulder.
"What's up?" Dex asked.
"Why are you so upset about this, mmh?"

Lex leaned against Dex, accepting his comfort.
"I dunno." Lex mumbled.
"I just... Fitz used to be really mean to you. I don't understand how you can date someone who was mean to you, how you can like him after all that."
Dex frowned and he sighed.
"It's... it's a little complicated, Lex." Dex said.

"Plus, what Fitz did to me... it's like he's a completely different person now. I used to find him rude, snobby, that sort of thing when we weren't close. But when we became friends, there was this realisation that I had it all wrong and... feelings grew as he became more nice towards me."
Dex looked at Lex and Lex was listening intently to his brother (for once).

"Fitz is an absolute sweetheart now." Dex smiled at Lex.
Dex brought his other hand to Lex's hair and began to run his fingers through it.
"He treats me well. He cares for me a lot. He's nothing like who he used to be. And so, I like him."
Lex stared at his brother and he frowned.

"I still don't get it." Lex stated.
Dex couldn't help but let out a soft laugh.
"Pfft, all you need to do is... accept that I've forgiven Fitz for what he did. That I find him charming and that I love him, okay?" Dex questioned.

Lex tilted his head at Dex, raising an eyebrow.
"You love him...?" Lex questioned.
Dex blinked and he widened his eyes. He did not mean for that to slip out.
"Ah- well, uhm..." Dex fumbled.
Lex grinned and he jumped right out of the bed, escaping Dex's grasp.

"REX! BEX!" Lex had yelled while running towards the door of his bedroom.
"Crap! Nonono! Lex, please don't!!" Dex wailed, quickly getting up from the bed and running out after Lex.
Unfortunately for Dex, Lex was speedy and was already near Dex's bedroom.
"Ah shit!" Dex scowled, running after Lex.
"Lex!! Please don't!!"

Lex looked at Dex, sticking his tongue out before he ran into Dex's room, shut the door and Dex heard the clicking sound of the door locking.
Dex ran up to his locked door and scowled as he banged his fists against it.

"Let me in!" Dex shouted, attempting to open the door by the handle.
"Nuh-uh!! You gotta say the password to get in!!" Lex called from the other side.
"Uhm, Lex, what's happening?" Dex heard Rex ask.
There was a silence for a few moments before Rex gasped.
"Oh!! Yeah, what's the password, Dex?!" Rex shouted back.
"Guys, C'mon!!" Dex wailed.
One of the triplets made an incorrect buzzer noise, "Wrong! Try again!!"

"Dex, what's happening?" Dex heard Fitz call.
"Uhm-" Dex rattled his brain.
"Dex said something to meee!!" Lex exclaimed.
"And I want him to say it so you can hear ittt!!"

Dex's entire face turned red and he whined.
"Lex, it s-slipped out, I didn't mean it!" Dex exclaimed.
"If you didn't mean it, why did it sound so genuine?!" Lex shouted.
"You are totally dead after this, by the way!!" Dex banged his fists against the door again.
"Wrong again!!" Rex called.

"Guys, seriously! I am trying to finish Fitz's make-over! What is it?!"
Another silence, the triplets probably whispering.
"Ooh~? Dex! That's so sweeettt!!"

Dex wanted to die right there and then.

'Seriously, what did you say? Just say it so you can come in.' Fitz had transmitted to Dex.
Dex stayed silent for a few moments.
'Dex? C'mon. I don't want to be stuck in your room with your siblings, I very much prefer having your company than theirs.'
Dex took a deep breath.
"I-- Erm..." Dex gulped.
"Ooh~ first word is right!" Lex exclaimed.