Chapter 19

A/N: I know it doesn't really mention a lot of extra family members for the Vackers, or that they have cousins, but I just made up that they have quite a few younger cousins and a few aunts and uncles. So yeah, just wanted to say that! Enjoy this chapter! <3

---------------------------------------------------------

It was finally the day for the Vacker family picnic (plus Dex).

Dex told his parents about it and they decided to take him shopping the day before, after returning from school, for a nice outfit.
So, Dex was staring at himself in the mirror, fixing the collar of his shirt and making sure his cape looked fine and that his family crest wasn't crooked.

Dex took a deep breath and he ran his fingers through his hair. He would be fine. Fitz and Biana would be there, Della was sweet towards Dex, and Alden... well, Alden was warming up to Dex.

"Dex! You should get going soon if you don't want to be late!" Dex heard his father shout.
"Yeah, yeah! I'm going, I'm going!" Dex shouted back as he made sure he had his home crystal.
Dex would just have to say bye to his family first before leaving.

*****

"Sheesh, relax. He's gonna be here any second now." Biana said, looking to her brother who was glancing around, trying to spot if Dex had arrived.

The two of them were by the front gate of Everglen, waiting for Dex to light-leap here so that they could then light-leap to the field where the picnic would be taking place.

"I'm just nervous about what some of our family members will think of him." Fitz mumbled, twisting the ring around his finger.
"Do you care about what they think?" Biana raised an eyebrow at Fitz.
"No, of course not. Especially since we don't see them often." Fitz said, shaking his head.
"But... you know how judgemental some of our family members are."
Biana hummed.

Biana then looked ahead and she smiled, letting out a whistle as she saw Dex had light-leapt over.
"Dang Dex, you're looking nice!" Biana exclaimed.
Fitz blinked and he looked up ahead. Fitz's heart skipped a beat when he saw Dex. He looked a bit cleaner than usual, it was clear Dex was wearing new clothes, and his hair was less of a mess than it usually was.

"Please don't embarrass me. My dad kept teasing me, so did the triplets, before I left." Dex mumbled, tugging at his cape, trying to make sure it was okay, as he made his way towards the Vacker siblings.

Dex looked up at Fitz and Fitz stared at Dex. Fitz gave Dex a small smile and he leaned in, placing a kiss on Dex's cheek.
"You look handsome, Dex." Fitz said softly before backing away.
Dex's cheeks turned red and he smiled up at Fitz.
"Thank you. You look nice as well." Dex said.

Biana cleared her throat and Dex looked to her.
"You look beautiful too, Biana." Dex said softly.
"Awh, that's so sweet of you!" Biana smiled at Dex.
Dex rolled his eyes and he looked back at Fitz.

Dex noticed a look of admiration in Fitz's eyes. Dex bit his lower lip.
"Erm, so... are we going inside then or...?" Dex questioned, glancing between Fitz and Biana.
"Oh, yes!" Fitz nodded.
"Come on. Our parents are waiting inside already, all we have to do is light-leap to the spot we're having the picnic at."

Fitz held his hand out and Dex took Fitz's hand. They both looked at each other in silence for a few moments before Biana cleared her throat.
"C'mon, lovebirds." Biana said, turning around, heading towards the house now.
Dex smiled and rolled his eyes as he went ahead, following behind Biana and dragging Fitz alongside him. Fitz managed to walk alongside Dex without Dex dragging him anymore.