Chapter 8

Dex looked over from his locker to see Fitz surrounded by quite a few girls. Fitz was politely talking to the girls and the girls all were obviously flirting with him.

Dex sighed out as he shut his locker, but quickly yelped as Biana appeared right from behind his locker door, which was opened just a moment ago.
"Hi!" Biana smiled.
Dex held his hand over his chest and took a deep breath.
"Biana... can you not sneak up on me?" Dex questioned, slightly frowning at Biana.
"Where's the fun in that?" Biana grinned, crossing her arms as she leaned against the lockers.

"If you and Fitz want to 'convince' me that you're dating then you guys should be more close together at school too, y'know."
"... See, there's no reason to convince you since you already know that we aren't actually dating." Dex stated.
"Ah, yes, but Fitz doesn't know that I know!" Biana smiled.
Dex rolled his eyes.

"Even so, he's always surrounded by his fangirls." Dex said, glancing at Fitz and his crowd.
Dex sort of froze as he noticed Fitz looking over at their direction. Fitz smiled at Dex and waved at him. Dex smiled and waved back. Biana looked at Fitz and she looked back at Dex.

"He can escape them whenever he wants. Hey, maybe they'll quit bothering him if he makes it known that you guys are dating to them!" Biana snapped her fingers at Dex.
"Biana-" Dex rolled his eyes.
"Hold on!" Biana grinned.
Biana disappeared and Dex furrowed his eyebrows. Dex looked to see where Biana could have went or where she was heading. He was definitely nervous with what she was planning.

Dex quickly looked over to Fitz again as he heard a sudden wave of yelps from that direction. Dex's eyes widened as he saw Biana was up by her brother and the crowd of girls.
Biana seemed to say something and all of a sudden, everyone was looking towards Dex's direction. Dex yelped and he looked away, banging his head against his locker and hiding his face against it.

There was a thud to Dex's right side and Dex glanced over to see Fitz with his hands in his pockets and leaning against the lockers.
"Biana has announced to those girls that we're dating."
"I didn't tell her to do that-" Dex began, feeling nervous.
Fitz smiled and he took a hand out of his pocket, gently resting a hand underneath Dex's chin.
"She got me out of a situation which I didn't want to be in, so I guess I should thank her for doing that?" Fitz said, leaning in.

"And also I should be glad that I asked you to be my boyfriend, I guess us 'dating' will reduce the amount of fangirls coming up to me now."
Dex felt himself gulp as Fitz leaned in and placed a kiss on his cheek.
"Y-you--you're seriously just going to be kissing me in public-?" Dex began, his cheeks turning red.
"Kinda gotta keep up the act now, don't I?" Fitz shrugged.
"Especially since... a lot of people think we're dating now."

"I AM HURT!!"
Dex flinched and Fitz sighed out as he looked over his shoulder and saw Keefe with his hand over his heart.

"Fitz!" Keefe wailed, frowning.
"Keefe?" Fitz smiled at his best friend.
Dex looked at Keefe who approached them.
"Here I thought I knew everything about you, Fitzroy! Who you liked! Whether you were single or dating someone! But apparently, I don't!" Keefe continued to use a dramatic tone of voice.
Fitz rolled his eyes.

Dex wasn't sure how to act. He just looked at Fitz confused and Fitz looked at Dex.
"... Keefe-" Fitz began, looking back at Keefe.
"Ah! No! I cannot hear another word from your mouth! I am distraught!" Keefe brought his hand over his forehead, acting as though he was about to faint.

Keefe looked at Dex and smiled.
"Congratulations to you though! I mean, wow! You got the guy that all the chicks want!" Keefe exclaimed, taking his hand away from his head and stuffing his hands into his pockets.
"Thanks, Keefe." Dex said, smiling at the Empath.

Keefe looked back at Fitz, taking his hands from his pockets and grabbing onto Fitz's shoulders. Fitz simply looked at Dex as Keefe went onto his knees, shaking Fitz in the shoulders.
"I cannot believe that you have betrayed me like this!" Keefe exclaimed.
Dex couldn't help but smile as he looked at Fitz who was rolling his eyes.

"You're being overdramatic." Fitz said, taking Keefe's hands away from his shoulders.
"And please stop being so loud? Everyone is staring."
Dex glanced to see quite a lot of prodigies, mostly Fitz's fangirls, staring at the three of them. Keefe got up from his knees and grinned.

"Seriously though, how come I never knew you and Dex were dating?" Keefe asked, glancing between his two friends.
"We've been keeping it on the down low." Fitz said, holding his hand out for Dex to grab.
Dex was about to take Fitz's hand before Keefe took it himself, placing himself in between the two.
Fitz scowled as he snatched his hand away and Keefe smiled.
"Why?" Keefe asked.

Dex made his way past Keefe and went beside Fitz. Dex interlocked his arm with Fitz's and rested his head on Fitz's shoulder.
"Well, I am an outcast and Fitz is like quite popular." Dex stated.
"Also I didn't know how Biana would react." Fitz said, looking at Keefe.
"How did Biana react?" Keefe asked.
"Oh, great." Dex smiled at Keefe.
"Great for Dex, not great for me." Fitz huffed.
"She kept accusing me of 'stealing' her best friend."

"Actually, you and Biana seem thrilled for me, she also caused a huge scene with Fitz." Dex stated, looking at Keefe before looking up at Fitz, grinning.
"It seems like I'm the favourite."
Fitz raised his eyebrows.
"Well... you are a way better person than I am-" Fitz began.

"Alright, no flirting in front of me!" Keefe exclaimed.
"At least no flirting while I'm still sad and single!"
"Well, maybe if you manned up and actually asked Tam-" Fitz began.
"Tam?!" Dex gasped, looking at Keefe.
Keefe's cheeks turned red and he scowled at Dex.

"Not so loud! Especially not when Biana could be invisible and eavesdropping... she'd tell Linh and then Linh would tell Tam and then he'd come to me and it would not be as romantic as I'd hope it'd be when asking him out." Keefe sighed, running his fingers through his hair.
"I mean, if he likes me back, that is."

"Why wouldn't he like you?" Dex asked.
Keefe smiled at Dex.
"Awh, thanks Dexter-" Keefe began.
"Well for a number of reasons." Fitz stated.
"I mean, his breath is so stinky, this boy does NOT brush his teeth and-"
"Fitz!" Keefe frowned.
"Oh, that's just mean." Dex frowned at Fitz.

"Keefe is lovable."
"Is he-?"
"Yep, I'm gonna curl up in a ball, cry and just die here now."
"Oh Keefe, he doesn't mean it! Fitz, say sorry!"
"..."
"Fitz! Say sorry!"

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 1194