Chapter 22

"I messed up, I messed up, I messed up!!" Dex wailed, pacing back and forth in his room while on a hail with Biana.

"You didn't mess up." Biana rolled her eyes.
She was drying her hair as Dex had hailed her basically as soon as he got home and as soon as she finished changing out of her wet clothes.
"I nearly said 'I love you' again." Dex huffed. "I mean, God, Fitz is gonna not wanna talk to me anymore, he's gonna feel so creeped out and ughhHhgHh!"

Dex went over to his bed, laid face down and groaned loudly into his pillow. Biana watched as Dex did this.

"I'm pretty sure, like 100% sure, that Fitz has mutual feelings for you, Dex." Biana said.
"You're saying that to make me feel better." Dex mumbled, turning his face to look at Biana.
"I'm not." Biana shook her head.

"I mean, at the picnic he literally did not deny that he was smitten with you when I said he was. And he said, and I quote, 'I'm falling for him more and more everyday'. And he shown no emotion of deception, he said that while staring at you lovingly, may I add, while you were messing about with our cousins."

Dex looked at Biana.
"... And how do I know what you're telling me is true?" Dex questioned.
"I would never lie to you when it comes to your love for my brother." Biana answered.
Dex bit his lower lip as he sat up and held his imparter up.
"You really think the feeling is mutual?"
Biana nodded.

"Even when you two were about to kiss when I got back, I mean... Dex, for god's sake, anyone could have picked up on the fact that you two are in love, deeply in love!" Biana exclaimed.
Dex furrowed his eyebrows.
"Right, so why'd you ruin that moment by tackling your brother in the lake?" Dex questioned.
"Once in a lifetime opportunity." Biana shrugged.
"He was distracted, for once, letting his guard down, so I could finally shove him in. Yeah, I also fell in, but it was worth it."

"Plus, I know you shoved Fitz into the lake too. He was shouting about it when he came home, trying to come into my room to scold me and before he left he said something like, 'First, I don't get a kiss and I get shoved in by my sister, and secondly I get a kiss but I get shoved in by my boyfriend?'" Biana said.

"Did you shove him after or before you nearly said 'I love you' to him again?"
Dex's cheeks turned red.
"I shoved him in after our kiss, and I nearly said 'I love you' while saying bye and attempting to tease him afterwards." Dex answered.
"... You guys are idiots." Biana sighed out.
"... Thanks." Dex mumbled.

"So... how do I go about this?" Dex asked, looking at Biana.
"You could talk to Fitz. Have a deep conversation." Biana suggested.
"Y'know, confess to him."
Dex bit his inner cheek.
"I-I'm not good at that sort of thing." Dex said.
"Ah, so you can't talk about your feelings, but you can kiss him?" Biana questioned.
"Hey, don't question me!" Dex huffed.
Biana rolled her eyes.

"Look... if you don't feel confident, or believe that my brother likes you back, just wait a little longer. You two are still going to act like a couple for a little longer, aren't you?" Biana tilted her head at Dex.
"Yeah, another week or two." Dex nodded.
"Then... if it gets to the point where you're talking about the fake break up, then... you can talk to him then." Biana said.
Dex thought about it to himself.

"... Actually, Fitz did say he'd owe me a favour once we finished this whole fake dating thing..." Dex mumbled, furrowing his eyebrows.
Biana raised her eyebrows.
"Is an idea appearing in your mind?" Biana questioned.
"Yeah." Dex smiled at Biana.
"Yep, I think I know how I want this to play out."

"... You gonna tell me or-?"
"Nope. I think I'll keep this to myself!"
"What?? I'm your bestest friend!"
"Uh-huh, and I need to start planning this out! So, I am gonna go now, talk to you later!!"
"What-?? Dex!!"
Dex disconnected from Biana and he instantly got up from his bed, heading over to his desk.

He had a couple of ideas of how he could go about this, he had to write them down and then decide how he would do this.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 764