Chapter 26

Fitz's eyes opened and he furrowed his eyebrows as he saw a face hovering above him. Fitz's vision was blurry but soon focused and his eyes widened slightly as he saw it was Bex.

"What are you-?" Fitz began. "The door is locked-?"
"I'm a phaser." Bex rolled her eyes as she backed away.
Fitz sat up but he noticed Dex was still sleeping against him. Fitz looked at Dex and his hands were still in Dex's hair.

"How long has it been?" Fitz asked quietly.
"Dunno, we got back like ten minutes ago." Bex shrugged.
"So you've been watching Dex and I sleeping for ten minutes?" Fitz raised his eyebrows.
"More like five." Bex said.

"You're not gonna bug me? Ask me to play with you guys?" Fitz asked.
Bex glanced at her brother who seemed to snuggle closer to Fitz in his sleep.
"I've never seen Dex at peace while he was asleep." Bex stated, still looking at her brother. "Whenever he drifts to sleep, he wakes up within minutes or is shaking while he's asleep. Bad dreams probably. Nothing really helps him though."

Bex looked back to Fitz.
"You help." Bex smiled at Fitz.
Fitz blinked and he glanced at Dex.
Fitz gently ran his fingers through Dex's hair.
"So you're going to leave us alone?" Fitz asked, looking back at Bex.
Bex nodded.
"Your parents or siblings know I'm here?" Fitz questioned.
Bex shook her head.

"You got another hour though. We're supposed to have tea and something that our mom made by then." Bex said.
Fitz hummed.
"Thank you. I'll make sure he's awake and I'll be gone by then." Fitz said.
Bex smiled back at Fitz.
"Whatever keeps my brother happy." Bex shrugged, backing away.
"Bye Fitz!"
"Bye." Fitz smiled at Bex.
Fitz watched as Bex used her ability to go through the door, leaving the room.

Fitz looked back at Dex. Dex was still asleep. Fitz leaned in and he pressed his lips against Dex's forehead. Fitz backed away and he studied Dex's face. Fitz furrowed his eyebrows as he noticed Dex's lips seemed to twitch, as if he was restraining himself from smiling.

"... You're awake." Fitz stated.
Dex squinted open one of his eyes to look at Fitz.
"No?" Dex grinned as he opened his eyes now.
Fitz smiled.
"Bex also wake you up?" Fitz asked.
"You and my sister woke me up with your talking." Dex said, bringing his hand up and making a chattering motion with it.

"Mmh, and how do you feel about your sister saying that stuff about you sleeping peacefully in my presence?" Fitz grinned.
Dex bit his inner cheek.
"... We're not discussing that." Dex answered.

"What will we discuss then?" Fitz asked.
"How you should probably go." Dex replied, sitting up properly.
Fitz's hand slipped away from Dex and Dex got up from the bed.
"What? You don't want me here?" Fitz frowned.

"My father and the triplets are back. Plus you've been here longer than I expected to have you over for." Dex replied, looking back at Fitz.
Fitz sighed as he got up from the bed and he smoothened out his shirt with his hands.
"Mmh, fine." Fitz said, digging his hand into his pocket.

Dex went over towards his desk and he leaned against it, facing Fitz. Fitz held his home crystal in hand as he went over to Dex.
"I'm assuming we won't be hanging out much after school from now?" Fitz questioned.
"I doubt it. My parents will want to plan everything out for dinner this weekend." Dex replied.
Fitz hummed, nodding.

"... Right." Fitz said.
"Well, I'll see you tomorrow then."
Fitz stepped closer to Dex and he brought a hand up to Dex's cheek.
Dex looked up at Fitz, smiling.
"Such a sweet goodbye from my fake boyfriend." Dex said, gently grabbing Fitz's wrist.
"Oh, you love it." Fitz smiled, leaning in.

Fitz gently pressed their lips together. Dex sunk into the kiss, enjoying the sensation as it lasted for another few seconds. Fitz pulled away and pressed his forehead against Dex's.

"Hail me if there are any worries about dinner this weekend, from you or your parents. Okay?" Fitz said softly.
Dex held eye contact with Fitz and Dex noticed a strange emotion of admiration from Fitz.
"Okay, I will." Dex smiled.

"Now go. I'll see you tomorrow."
Fitz backed away from Dex, taking his hand away from Dex too.
"See you~" Fitz said, blowing a kiss to Dex.
Dex's cheeks heated up as Fitz held the crystal up with a huge grin on his face before he light-leapt away.
"What an ass..." Dex mumbled to himself, his stomach having that strange fluttery feeling.

Dex was definitely nervous about this dinner with his family and the Vacker family. Especially since Dex had a strong feeling that this fake relationship with Fitz will end soon after that dinner.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 822