Chapter 7

Dex's face scrunched up as he stirred awake. His eyes fluttered open and he sighed out softly as he shuffled in his position and he turned around, facing the other way now. Dex then looked up and his face turned red as he realized how close he was to Fitz.

Dex was about to shuffle away but it seemed Fitz's arms were around him and Fitz held Dex closer to his body. Dex gulped as his face was now in Fitz's chest. Dex blinked and he wasn't sure what to do in this moment.

"U-Uhm, Fitz?" Dex cleared his throat, looking up at the male who held him close.
Fitz didn't seem to wake up.
"Fitz, hey." Dex said, gently bringing his hand up and poking Fitz's cheek.
"L-let me go, please?"
Fitz seemed to stir but he didn't wake up. Dex sighed in defeat. Dex decided to just cuddle up to Fitz instead. If he couldn't escape, he should just get comfortable and enjoy this.

After a few moments, Dex felt Fitz's hands rub his back and Dex decided to look up at Fitz. Fitz looked tired, but he was awake. Fitz smiled softly at Dex and Dex felt his heart start beating like crazy.

"Sorry, you feeling squished?" Fitz asked, still rubbing Dex's back.
Dex felt extremely comforted with the way Fitz was being so gentle.
"N-no, I just... I didn't expect to wake up to your arms still around me." Dex mumbled.
"Well, you fell asleep in my arms. And I didn't want to move away in case you woke up." Fitz smiled.
Dex was about to speak but someone knocked on the door.

"Are you two dorks awake?! Mom made breakfast!!" Biana called from the other side.
"We'll be down in a few minutes!" Fitz called.
"... Have fun making out~!" Biana exclaimed before walking off.

Dex scowled and he hid his face in Fitz's chest. Fitz laughed as he brought a hand to Dex's head and he played with Dex's hair now.
"You get flustered really easily." Fitz said.
"Shut up." Dex mumbled.
Dex looked up at Fitz and Fitz ruffled Dex's hair.
"C'mon. Let's go eat breakfast." Fitz said, taking his arms away from Dex.

Fitz sat up and Dex also sat up. Dex watched as Fitz got up and he stretched his arms over his head. Dex's gaze couldn't help but rest on Fitz's body, but he quickly looked away when Fitz glanced back at him.
"You good?" Fitz asked.
"Fine, yeah." Dex mumbled, getting up from the bed and tugging at the neck of his (Fitz's) t-shirt.

Fitz offered his hand out.
"Wanna seem all lovey dovey?" Fitz grinned at Dex.
Dex glanced at Fitz's hand and back up at Fitz's face.
"... I don't have a choice." Dex smiled back as he took Fitz's hand.
"Don't make it seem like I'm forcing you to do this." Fitz frowned slightly.
Dex's smile grew and he walked off, dragging Fitz behind him, leaving Fitz's bedroom.
"You sort of are!" Dex exclaimed.

Fitz huffed as he caught up alongside Dex.
"Uhm, you agreed to this!" Fitz exclaimed.
"And I regret it so much." Dex smiled at Fitz.
Fitz smiled back.
"Sure you do." Fitz said, squeezing Dex's hand.

The two boys kept this playful behaviour as they reached the dining room where breakfast was all laid out. Dex and Fitz looked to see that Alden, Della and Biana were already sat in their seats, already beginning to eat.

"Uhm, you didn't wait for us?" Fitz questioned, letting go of Dex's hand as he made his way over to a chair and pulled it out.
Fitz glanced at Dex and waved his hand for Dex to come over and to sit in the seat. Dex felt himself smile as he made his way over and sat down in the seat which Fitz pulled out for him. Fitz tucked the chair back in before he sat beside Dex.

"Well, we weren't sure what you boys were doing." Della stated.
"Mom-!" Fitz began, his cheeks red.
"You guys might've been making out for all we know!" Biana exclaimed.
Dex's cheeks turned red as he shuffled in his seat uncomfortably.
"Do you have no shame in talking about such stuff in front of your family?" Dex mumbled, sort of whining.
Biana smiled at how flustered Dex got.