Chapter 9

"I can't believe you said that Keefe was unlovable and wouldn't apologise." Dex frowned at Fitz as they walked into the cafeteria together.
Fitz had his arm around Dex's waist and Dex was sort of leaning against Fitz.
"He knows I was joking!" Fitz rolled his eyes.

"Fitz, I know you two are best friends, but... that stuff hurts a person. You really should apologise." Dex said.
Fitz looked at Dex and noticed how Dex looked genuinely concerned about how Keefe may be affected from what Fitz said. Fitz sighed.
"Fine, I'll apologise." Fitz shrugged.
Dex smiled and that made Fitz smile too.

"Heyy lovebirds!"
Dex felt his cheeks warm up and Fitz grumbled as they looked over to see Biana waving at them, grinning at the 'couple'.
"I'm murdering her." Dex mumbled.
"Let me help." Fitz sighed out.

Fitz and Dex made their way over to the table where Biana was sat, along with Keefe.
"Hey." Fitz said, sitting across from Keefe as Dex sat across from Biana.
"I'm not talking to him." Keefe huffed, looking at Biana.
"Oh god, what did my brother do now?" Biana frowned at Keefe.
"Said that Keefe was unlovable." Dex answered, nodding at Biana.

Biana scoffed as she looked at Fitz.
"You're unlovable!" Biana exclaimed.
"Uhm, I have a boyfriend?" Fitz raised his eyebrows, wrapping his arm around Dex's shoulder.
Dex smiled to himself, and then he noticed how Biana wiggled her eyebrows at him when she saw him smiling. Dex cleared his throat.

"You said you'd apologise." Dex said, looking at Fitz.
"So, say sorry to Keefe."
"Or else Dex won't make out with you for a whole week!" Biana exclaimed, looking at Fitz.
"... Can you not?" Dex frowned at Biana, his cheeks turning red.
"Oh well, I obviously can't live a week without making out with Dex." Fitz said, looking at Biana and glancing at Dex.
Dex sat there, clearing his throat as he looked away from everyone.

"Keefe, my best buddy, I am sorry for saying that you're unlovable." Fitz said, looking at Keefe.
"I'm sure that-"
Fitz glanced at Biana before looking back at Keefe.
'Tam probably likes you back.' Fitz transmitted to Keefe.
"So, yeah, I'm sorry."

Keefe looked at Fitz and he stared at him for a few moments. Keefe glanced at Dex and Dex looked at Keefe.
"... Fine." Keefe sighed out.
"I guess I forgive you! But only if Dex can help me out with my love troubles."
Dex blinked and he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Why am I helping everyone out with their love lives?" Dex mumbled to himself.
Fitz looked to Dex, hearing what he said, but thankfully Keefe and Biana didn't hear him.

"Why me?" Dex asked, looking at Keefe, and ignoring Fitz's looks towards him.
"I don't trust Fitz to be my wingman." Keefe stated.
"What?" Fitz frowned.
"You were sort of mean earlier, I wouldn't trust you either." Dex said, looking at Fitz.
Fitz huffed and he looked away, crossing his arms.

Dex looked at Keefe.
"Uhm, I'll help out, sure." Dex smiled.
"I'm a little offended that you didn't ask me to help." Biana frowned at Keefe.
Keefe looked at Biana.
"Look, I love you, but..." Keefe sucked in a breath.
"Honey, you're just... you can be a bit too much."
Biana raised her eyebrows at Keefe.

"We're breaking up." Biana said, staring at Keefe.
Keefe gasped.
"No! But what ever shall I do without the great Biana Vacker?!" Keefe exclaimed, leaning back, resting his hand over his heart.
As Keefe leaned back he bumped his head against someone. Keefe quickly sat up.
"Whoops, sorry-!" Keefe began to apologise as he looked over.
Keefe's cheeks turned red as he realised his head hit against Tam.

Linh was next to Tam, raising her eyebrows.
"... Uhm, can we sit with you guys?" Linh asked as she looked at the others.
"Oh, after that embarrassing moment? Sure." Fitz said.
Linh smiled as she went over to sit next to Fitz. Tam cleared his throat as he sat down next to Keefe.

"S-seriously, I'm sorry, Tam." Keefe said, looking at the male.
"I- did I bump you in the stomach or-?"
"Okay, we are gonna stop talking about what happened." Tam stated, looking at Keefe.
Keefe nodded. "Right! Okay!"
Keefe quickly looked away and Biana gasped.
"Ohh-!" Biana began.
"ShHsHH!" Keefe quickly shushed Biana, slapping his hand over her mouth.

Dex looked to Fitz. Fitz sighed and he looked at Dex.
'Keefe is a mess. Have fun helping him with his crush on Tam.' Fitz had transmitted to Dex.
Dex smiled and he shook his head.
"Stop being so mean." Dex whispered to Fitz.
Fitz smiled as he shrugged.
"Just stating the truth." Fitz said.
Dex rolled his eyes and he rested his head on Fitz's shoulder. Fitz smiled and he couldn't help himself from resisting the urge to give Dex a kiss on the top of his head.

"Woah, since when are you two a thing?" Tam asked, raising his eyebrows at the couple.
Dex's cheeks turned red as he completely forgot some people didn't know that he and Fitz were 'dating' and that they didn't have to act super lovey dovey.
"Oh, uh-" Fitz began.

"Ugh, I know right?" Biana huffed.
"I mean, it's been like a few weeks or something, but I didn't find out until we had Dex over for dinner as Fitz's boyfriend!"
"I didn't find out until this morning! And then Fitz was a dickhead to me afterwards!" Keefe exclaimed.
"What'd Fitz do to you?" Linh asked, looking at Keefe.
"Called me 'unlovable'." Keefe frowned at Linh.

"Fitz!" Linh scowled.
"I apologised?" Fitz looked to Linh.
"Yeah, after I said he wouldn't be able to make out Dex for a week-" Biana began to mumble under her breath.
"Okay, I didn't apologise just because of that, thanks Biana." Fitz nodded.

"You're lovable." Tam said, looking at Keefe.
"... After a while."
Keefe tilted his head at Tam.
"... Is that a compliment or an insult?" Keefe furrowed his eyebrows.
"Both?" Tam shrugged, smiling at Keefe.
Keefe couldn't help but smile and he looked away.

Dex watched Keefe and Tam, and a smile grew on his own face.
Keefe probably didn't need a lot of help with Tam, but Dex would be very happy to help them get together (and to prevent Keefe from doing something stupid).

"Oh hey."
Dex's attention was brought to Fitz as Fitz leaned in closer to Dex.
"Later on, Biana and I are going to try to convince our parents to invite you to the picnic this weekend." Fitz smiled at Dex.
"Soo, I'll hail you later on to let you know what's happening."
Dex smiled back at Fitz.
"Cool, well I shall look forward to your hail." Dex said, gently nudging Fitz in the arm with his elbow.
Fitz wrapped his arm around Dex's waist again and Dex felt all fluttery inside.

"Well! Let's stop talking about how I called Keefe 'unlovable', especially since I apologised and he accepted it. Let's talk about something else!"

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 1183