Chapter 20

Dex wasn't expecting to have so much fun with Fitz's younger cousins. Then again, Dex was quite good with kids and kids typically liked him.

Dex took a deep breath as he had to stop running for a moment, running his fingers through his hair.
"Oh c'mon Dexy! Keep going!" One of the kids yelled, still running around the field.
"Yeah! You're not tired! Go! Go!" Another one called.
Dex couldn't help but smile as he watched the mischievous children running around.

"I'll be back, I just need to get a drink." Dex said, stuffing his hands into his pockets, walking off.
A lot of whines came from the kids, but they all seemed to continue to play with each other, trusting that Dex would be back in a minute and continue their fun.

Dex made it to the spot where Fitz and Biana were.
"Hey." Dex said, sitting down next to Fitz once he took his hands out of his pocket.
"Having fun?" Fitz asked, looking at Dex.
"Too tired. Give me some Youth." Dex said, pressing his shoulder against Fitz's, leaning all of his body weight against him.

"I'll get it." Biana said, leaning back and grabbing a bottle of Youth from the basket that was nearby.
Biana chucked the bottle at Dex and Dex caught it.
"Thank you~" Dex sat up properly, opening the bottle.
Dex brought the bottle to his mouth and he gulped down half of the bottle.

Dex was about to shut the bottle once he finished drinking the amount he wanted, but Fitz held his hand out.
"I'm a little thirsty too." Fitz said, looking at the bottle in Dex's hand before looking back at Dex's face.
Dex handed Fitz the bottle and Fitz took a few sips before handing the bottle back to Dex. Dex shut the bottle and set it aside.

"Dexy!! Come back!! It's been way too long!!"
Dex, Fitz and Biana looked over to see the kids waving Dex over, shouting at him too. Dex let out a groan as he rested his head against Fitz's shoulder for a few moments.
"Alright, back I go-" Dex began.

"Hey! You guys should be wanting to play with your actual family!" Biana called as she got up.
Biana glanced at Dex and smiled at him.
"Take a break. I need to get rid some energy."
Dex smiled at Biana.
"Thank you." Dex said.
Biana winked at Dex before running off towards her cousins.

Fitz smiled as he watched his cousins scream in horror as Biana began to chase after them. Fitz looked back at Dex.
"Are you doing okay?" Fitz asked, wrapping his arm around Dex's shoulder.
"I just need to regain some energy." Dex smiled up at Fitz.
Fitz hummed, nodding slightly.

"How are you doing?" Dex asked, tilting his head at Fitz.
"Fine." Fitz shrugged.
"Had to talk to a few uncles and aunts myself, and... they were... something."
"Care to elaborate?" Dex questioned.
"My family is a little judgemental. And so they were sort of questioning my taste in... partners." Fitz said, sighing out.
"Oh." Was all Dex could get out.

Fitz looked at Dex.
"Well, I talked you up, obviously, but... some of my family are judgemental and stubborn so..." Fitz said.
"Not making me feel better." Dex mumbled to himself.
"No, what I mean is-" Fitz began.

"Fitz!"
Fitz and Dex looked over to see Della waving Fitz over. Fitz looked to Dex.
"Gonna be okay for a minute?" Fitz asked.
Dex shrugged at Fitz. Fitz rubbed Dex's shoulder and placed a kiss on Dex's cheek. Fitz then got up, taking his arm away from Dex. He made his way over to his mother and other family members.

Dex wrapped his arms around his body, holding himself as he glanced around. Dex saw a lot of people glancing at him, and scoffing afterwards. They seemed to whisper to others, they seemed to give Dex nasty looks or had a nasty look on their face after looking at Dex.
Dex took a deep breath and he looked down at the grass. Dex shut his eyes gently and he took a few deep breaths.