Chapter 4

"Do you honestly think I believe you are bringing a boy over?" Alden questioned as he helped Biana set up the dining table.
"I kept being bisexual a secret, I could have kept having a boyfriend a secret." Fitz said, checking the time on the clock which was on the wall.

"Who is this boyfriend of yours?" Biana asked.
"I'm a little hurt you didn't even tell me."
Biana looked at Fitz, sort of frowning at him. Fitz smiled at Biana.
"Erm... it's... he didn't want things to be awkward between you two if you knew." Fitz said, completely making something up on the spot.
Biana furrowed her eyebrows.
"Uhm-?" Biana began.
There was a sudden knock on the door.
"Oh! I'll get it!" Fitz exclaimed, quickly making his way out of the dining room.

Alden and Biana looked at each other.
"Your brother didn't even tell you?" Alden questioned.
"Yeah, I'm suspicious too." Biana mumbled, smoothening out her dress.
"Did I hear someone knocking on the door?" Della asked as she entered the room from the kitchen.
"Fitz went to get it." Biana said, looking at her mother.
"Probably his boyfriend~"

Fitz opened up the front door and smiled at Dex who was fiddling with his shirt and ensuring he looked nice.
"Hey." Fitz said.
"Uh, hey." Dex looked up, giving Fitz a nervous smile.
Fitz stepped aside and Dex entered the house.
"So uhm... how are we doing this?" Dex asked, his voice in a hushed tone.
"They're all in the dining room. We're just going to go in there, they'll see you're my boyfriend, and then dinner will be served. I think the actual food will be ready in 10 minutes or so." Fitz explained.

"You wanna hold my hand to calm your nerves~?"
Fitz grinned at Dex as he placed his hand out. Dex shot a glare at Fitz before he took Fitz's hand.
"I regret this." Dex scowled quietly.
Fitz laughed.
"Haha, C'mon. You'll be fine." Fitz said.
Fitz interlocked their fingers and began to make his way towards the dining room.
"It's just for a month or so, Dex. Remember that."
Dex bit his inner cheek, looking at the floor as he followed behind Fitz.
"Yeah... right." Dex mumbled to himself.

The two boys entered the dining room and Dex looked at Alden, Della and Biana. Dex felt a little guilty as he saw the look of shock on Biana's face.
"You're... dating my brother..." Biana stated, staring at Dex.
Dex gave Biana a small smile.
"Sorry I didn't tell you." Dex said, slightly squeezing Fitz's hand out of nervousness.

Biana blinked and she looked at Fitz.
"You're dating one of my best friends?! What is wrong with you?! How dare you steal Dex!" Biana scowled at Fitz, making her way over towards Fitz.
Fitz let go of Dex's hand and backed away as Biana was glaring at him and approaching towards him rapidly.
"Wha- why am I getting scolded-?!" Fitz began to scowl back.

Dex began to fiddle with the sleeves of his shirt as he watched how Biana began to scold Fitz and Fitz was scowling back at her.
"This is a lovely surprise."
Dex looked over to Della who smiled at him sweetly.
"U-Uhm, hello Lady Della-" Dex began.
Della gently took Dex's hands into hers and Dex looked up at her.
"Don't be so nervous!" Della smiled.

"Relax. And please, drop the title. I'm glad my son brought a boy like you home. You're a very sweet boy, Dex."
Dex blinked, processing what Della said.
"Ah, thank you... La--" Dex began.
"Thank you, Della."
Dex quickly corrected himself, smiling at Della.

Della let go of Dex's hand and she looked at Alden who kept studying Dex.
"You're dating my son?" Alden raised an eyebrow at Dex.
Dex nodded.
"Huh... questionable taste." Alden mumbled.
Della scoffed at Alden's comment.

Dex glanced at Fitz and Biana, who were still bickering.
"When did you even start liking Dex?! You have never spoken about liking him to me and-!" Biana began.
"Biana. You can interrogate your brother later." Alden said.
Biana sighed out and she turned to face Dex. Dex felt nervous about what Biana was going to do to him now.