Chapter 23

"This is stupid." Biana said as she was holding Fitz's hand, using her ability on both of them.
"I got my revenge on you, now I need to get my revenge on my boyfriend." Fitz said, his voice quieter than usual.
"So romantic." Biana rolled her eyes.

The two of them quietly and slowly approached Dex from behind. Dex was by his locker, and he was rummaging through it, looking for something. Fitz and Biana got closer. Fitz was directly behind Dex and Biana was slightly behind Fitz.
Fitz was about to squeeze Biana's hand, to signal that she should stop using her ability, but Dex shut his locker and he turned around.

Fitz froze as he swore Dex was staring right at him.
"... Biana?" Dex looked around, suspicious. "If that's you, stalking around me, could you not? It's not very nice."
Fitz looked to Biana and Biana shrugged at Fitz. Fitz gave Biana a look.
'Don't. Please, don't you dare!' Fitz had transmitted to his sister.

Biana let go of Fitz's hand and she turned off her ability. Dex blinked, not expecting Fitz to be stood there, sighing out in disappointment.
"What are you doing?" Dex smiled at Fitz, tilting his head.
"Just... wanted to get revenge on you after you shoved me in the lake, after kissing me." Fitz said, looking at Dex.
"Mmh... what a sweet boyfriend you are." Dex said, bringing his hand up to Fitz's cheek and giving it a little pat.

Dex looked to Biana.
"Did he get his revenge on you yesterday or something?" Dex questioned.
"Dyed my hair a hideous colour." Biana said. "It was thankfully temporary, but he made it seem like I could never get my hair to be naturally beautiful again."
Biana flicked her hair over her shoulder with her hand. Dex smiled.

"And you wanted to... what? Scare me?" Dex questioned, looking at Fitz.
"Not scare, exactly, just... surprise you like you surprised me." Fitz shrugged.
Dex hummed.
"...Will you promise me that you won't attempt to get revenge on me?" Dex asked.
Fitz stared at Dex, not providing an answer. Dex raised his eyebrows.

"What if I let you do whatever you want to me?" Dex asked.
"Ew, don't say that around me." Biana fake gagged.
Dex's cheeks turned red and he glared at Biana.
"Don't make it dirty." Dex scowled.
Biana grinned at Dex.

Dex looked to Fitz.
"... Whatever I want?" Fitz tilted his head.
"As long as it's reasonable." Dex nodded.
Fitz hummed. He took a few moments to think about this.
"Alright. I will swing by Rimeshire later on. Except I'd rather have your parents not know, or your siblings, and we'll hide out in your room, with the door locked while I get you to do whatever I want." Fitz smiled at Dex.

"... You're making it sound bad." Dex frowned at Fitz.
"Yeah, I mean, God Fitz... don't try to be all... intimate with your sister around!" Biana exclaimed, scrunching her nose up in disgust at her brother.
Fitz rolled his eyes.
"You two are making it dirty. I am not insinuating anything dirty!!" Fitz exclaimed.

Dex sighed out.
"I think I can sneak you in the house without anyone knowing." Dex said, crossing his arms. "Just hail me later on when you'll be over and when you'll be outside the house, okay?"
Fitz nodded. "Got it."

The two boys smiled at each other and Biana could sense the love between them.
"Rightt...well, I gotta go talk to one of my mentors before lessons start. I'll see you guys at lunch." Biana said, backing away.
"Bye." Dex waved at Biana.
"Later." Fitz said, watching as his sister left.

Fitz then faced Dex.
"Hey, so are we gonna talk about how you nearly said that you loved me when you last said bye to me?" Fitz asked, tilting his head.
Dex stared at Fitz.
"We are not." Dex smiled. "I, myself, also need to talk to one of my mentors. So, I'll catch you later?"
Fitz let out a sigh but he smiled at Dex.
"See you." Fitz said, stuffing his hands into his pockets.

Dex was about to walk off but he quickly went up closer to Fitz, reached up and kissed his cheek. Dex instantly turned away and left Fitz once he kissed him on the cheek.
Fitz looked over and he smiled as he bit his inner cheek, watching as Dex seemed to speed-walk away.

Fitz liked seeing how much more confident Dex seemed to be now. I mean, at first he was a flustered mess, and it was cute, but... Dex being confident and making moves on his own? Fitz definitely liked that.

And now Fitz had to come up with an idea of what he could make Dex do later on, as 'revenge' for shoving him in the lake.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 815