Chapter 15

That morning Raven was woken up by Rafe and Ward downstairs, listening from the room.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK I'M DOING DAD, I'M TRYING MY FUCKING BEST," Rafe's yelling was what woke her up, not because she was angry but because she was concerned.

"JUST GO TO YOUR ROOM I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU RIGHT NOW," Ward yelled, and then footsteps stormed up the stairs.

Raven opened her door quietly, slipping out, and before he walked past the room, she just hugged him. She felt his breath hitch and his breath was shaky.

"What are you doing," He whispered, his voice cracking.

Raven walked backward into the room still hugging him and quietly shut the door. She felt him start to cry, and she just kept hugging him. His arms wrapped around her and he cried.

"It's okay, you're okay," She sat down on her bed and he cried into her neck.

Her heart hurt that he was so upset over his dad, but she was glad he was getting his feelings out that weren't pure anger.

"I hate him so fucking much," His voice was almost a whisper.

"I know," She put her head on his head, and just sat there with him.

He cried for a few more minutes, and Raven knew that he just needed it.

"Thank you," He whispered.

"You're welcome."

He pulled away from her shoulder and kissed her forehead.

"Are you okay?" She asked, rubbing his cheek with her thumb.

"Yeah, yeah I'm good," He nodded.

"Okay," She nodded and smiled at him, and she almost saw a smile from, "Oh my god, I made you smile."

"No, you didn't," He pushed her face playfully.

"Mmm, I think it is," She laughed, and he stared into her eyes, "What?"

He leans in and kisses her softly, causing her to smile. This kiss was different, it wasn't like the others when they'd fuck, it was gentle.

"Never again," He whispered.

She nodded in response. She figured, she figured that kiss was just a thank you, which made the hate fume in her again no matter how bad she felt for him.

"Leave before Sarah catches you," Raven threw her hoodie off to change into different clothes, leaving her full chest exposed.

"You sure? Because you're stripping," He replied.

"Get the fuck out," She threw her sleep shorts at him.

"Nice hickies, whoever gave them to you did good," He winked then left the room, going back to his.

She put on clothes and then flopped onto her bed, groaning. She grabbed her phone and saw she had a text from Rafe.

Rafe🔫

dock tonight, 12:00 am

would be tomorrow morning

shut the fuck up

I'll see you at 12:00

She didn't know how to react to those texts. Maybe he was going to kill her for comforting him, maybe he was going to fuck her brains out, she really did not know. She went into Sarah's room, seeing if she was awake and she had just woken up.