Chapter 18

The group of six stood in line to get coins for the games. The two couples were both play fighting with each other, but Raven paid them no mind. Both Rafe and Raven were standing there awkwardly and Rafe started to whistle.

"Really?" She rolled her eyes, "Whistling?"

"The fuck you expect me to do?" He raised an eyebrow, "Juggle?"

Raven couldn't help but laugh at what he said, which brought a smirk to his face.

"Careful, Don't make it seem like you enjoy my jokes," Rafe teased her.

"Shut the hell up," She rolled her eyes and scoffed at the comment.

"Next!" The guy at the counter sounded miserable.

"I would like one hundred dollars worth of coins for all six of us, please," Raven gave him a small smile.

"So one hundred dollars of coins split into six containers?" He raised an eyebrow.

"No, one hundred dollars worth of coins, per person," She pulled out her card.

"Daddy's money?" He kind of scoffed as she handed him her card, causing her heart to sink.

"Why does it fucking matter?" Rafe piped up and she mentally face-palmed.

"Here," The guy ignored Rafe and hauled six ice cream-sized buckets of coins on the counter.

"Thank you," Raven gave him some sass and made sure everyone got their buckets.

"I changed my mind we're doing pairs," Sarah held her bucket and stood next to Topper.

"That's literally not fair wait, with Raven and Rafe we're never going to have a chance to win-" Kelce complained.

"Suck it up, cupcake," Rafe patted Kelce's shoulder, causing him to raise an eyebrow.

"OKAY, THREE, TWO, ONE, START," Sarah yelled, everyone running in different directions.

In the first three games Raven played, she won 500 tickets each, which seems like she did a lot with the game, but she didn't, she used the ticket claw machine and grabbed three five hundred rolls. She dropped them in her bucket and then went over to the basketball hoops to give herself somewhat of a challenge. She was never hand-eye coordinated but she could possibly make a basket.

"Why are you doing that, you fucking suck at basketball?" Rafe groaned, "We're not going to fucking win."

"Shut up and look in my bucket," She rolled her eyes and he looked down, impressed at the three big rings.

"Let me at least help you," He rolled his eyes and handed her a ball.

"I don't want your help," She protested, shooting the ball and missing.

"Boo fucking hoo, I'm helping you anyway," He gave her another ball, positioning her arms the way they needed to be.

"Throw it up, not out," His mouth is right next to her ear.

She did as he said and made the basket, her heart racing from the excitement of her making it but also his voice playing in her head.

"Good job," He praised her, his whisper was the rasp that she knew all too well, causing her heart to pound out of her chest.

"I'm going- yeah-" She pointed in the direction she was going, not able to form a coherent thought, doing another claw machine.

She was always good at claw machines, she always was able to get something, no matter if it was rigged or not, she just had that certain touch. She got a big one thousand ticket ring and a five hundred ticket ring at the same time, so she let herself applaud for the luck. She went to play ski ball, a game she was actually good at even with her lack of skill with sports balls. She got a total of three thousand tickets for the five rounds she played and was quite happy with the result. She wanted to go play a regular claw machine that didn't have any tickets in it, just because she knew Rafe had a lot as well, probably.

"HOLY SHIT, HOW DO YOU HAVE SO MANY JESUS FUCKING CHRIST," Kelce yelled, causing Raven to let out a loud laugh.

"I'm skilled," She flipped her hair, dramatically.

"Kelce waisted half of our fucking coins on the fucking ticket claw machine and didn't get shit, then I only got like five hundred from playing that spinning wheel at least a million times, we blew through our coins," Kayla laughed.

"I won you a stuffed bear out of a regular claw machine, cut me some slack," He laughed.

"I will cherish that bear forever," Kayla laughed, dramatically sighing.

"We're gonna go get some food at the snack stand, do you want anything?" He asked Raven, and she nodded her head fast.

"Mozerella sticks PLEASE," She laughed, and they nodded walking off to the snack stand.

"We're totally winning," Rafe appeared by her side out of nowhere.

"Jesus fucking Christ," She jumped out of her skin.

"I scare you?" He smirked.

"Yeah, you did, almost died," She rolled her eyes and put a coin into the machine that had an interchangeable octopus in it, the ones where you flip it to be happy or angry.

She got a gray and black one, and then handed it to Rafe, "For you, you bipolar fuck."

"I don't want this," He handed it back.

"Well, that's too damn bad, isn't it," She put it in his bucket and he rolled his eyes.

She put her last coin in the ticket claw machine one last time, and grabbed two one thousand rings at once, causing Rafe's jaw to drop.

"Wow," He stared at her, and a smile started to form.

"Uh oh, looks like you're proud of me," Raven teased.

"That was fucking amazing?" His jaw was still dropped and she just gave a smile to him.

"Well, I know that," She smirked then started walking past him, stopping right at his arm, "In more ways than one we both know."

His heart started beating fast and he had to think of something to turn him off quickly because any physical differences started to show. He followed her over to the table where the rest of the group was sitting, eating food. He sat down next to Raven, and everyone's jaws dropped.

"What?" He raised an eyebrow.

"You're sitting next to Raven, that's what," Topper glanced between the both of them.

"Where the fuck else am I supposed to sit, Top?" He rolled his eyes.

"Switch with me?" Raven gave pleading eyes to Topper and he laughed.

"Yeah," He got up from next to Sarah and Raven stood up too.

Rafe took a mozzarella stick from Raven's paper bowl and she smacked him on the side of the head.

"Fuck you," She rolled her eyes.

"That's payback from two weeks ago when you took my fucking beer," He glared at the girl as she sat next to Sarah.

"Took his beer?" Sarah raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, he was bothering me while I was watching TV that one night when you went to bed early, the first night I stayed at your house before I kind of just started living there," Raven laughed.

"Raven, you do live there now," Sarah smiled a comforting smile, "It's your house too now."

Raven smiled at Sarah, she didn't know how long it was going to take to stick in her mind, but hopefully it wouldn't be until she died or moved out, whichever came first.

---

Hello everyone!!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter <333 It was fun to write because I got to just have some fun with the characters.

I love you all so so so much <333

1264 Words!