Chapter 8: The Last Supper (Part 1)

Fantasia's POV

I KNEW I DIDN'T LIKE HIM FOR A GOOD REASON. OOOH. I just knew he wasn't shit. Now he's putting his hands on my girl? I draw the line when it starts getting physical. No one touches my friends. No hurts them, especially not that one.

I think to myself frantically as put on my heels and make sure I look decent before I step out this door. I can't even think straight right now with my blood boiling. I couldn't even help her or defend her from the other side of the phone.

I rush to grab my keys, grab my purse, & my jacket. I hop in my Maserati and crank up the heat and my music. I take some deep breaths before I back out of my driveway. Before I pull all the way out, I text Taraji "OTW" and start speeding all the way down 3rd.

Thankfully, she only lives about 15 minutes away from me so I will pull up shortly.

••
I manage to arrive at Taraji's house without getting a speeding ticket, not sure how I did that but I'm blessed because I definitely was doing 70 in a 45. I text her that I'm outside and she tells me she's about to come out.

Although I'm still upset, I'm more excited to see her and what outfit she pulled together.

I wait for about 5 more minutes anxiously before Taraji comes strutting out the door. I see she decided to take my advice and wear the pastel pink jumpsuit. She even pulled up her hair into a bun and I think she has on a dark plum lipstick. She looks so good.

She pulls my door open and her face lights up.

"Hiiiiii my love" she beamed.

"Hi baby, are you okay???" I open my arms and she hugs me as she steps up into the truck and shuts the door.

"Ughhhhh. Girl. It's already been a night. Hell, it's been an ENTIRE day." Taraji throws her hands up and I smell a familiar scent that she wore lastnight...it made me have quick flashbacks of our intimate encounter.

"But you look so good Tasia! I knew you was gonna show up and show out." Taraji exclaims.

I have on a cream colored dress that exposed a little cleavage, but not too much. Just enough to remain classy.

"Thank youuu. But I gotta ask you, what fragrance are you wearing? It smells heavenly. I smelled it lastnight too.." my voice softened at the end and we both looked at each other and smiled. It's as if we both almost forgot how our worlds dramatically shifted within the last 48 hours.

"This is a mix of some bond no 9 & baccarat, my lil concoction" she says giddy like a little kid.

Whatever it was I wanted to just be pressed to her skin. The smell had me feeling lightheaded.

As she waves her arms I can't help but to notice the bruises on her arms.

"What the fuck T..." I reach over and lightly brush her wrists. "Does it hurt?" I softly press on them & she hisses. "Ouch, yes. That bastard." She growled.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there to help you. You know, I'll kill em for you. I don't play around when it comes down to you." There's no humor in my voice. I'm dead ass serious.

"Now Tasia, as much as I appreciate that, I can't have you in prison. You too pretty for that. They'd tear you up in there." She jokes.

We both laugh in unison. I hold up her wrist and her eyes follow. I bring it close to my lips and I kiss it softly.

Taraji has a way of covering up her pain with humor. It's her way of getting through things. The more she jokes and laughs, the more upset or hurt she is. That's something I've learned about her.