Chapter 27: Hell Hath No Fury

Thank you all for your patience on this chapter!

WARNING, THIS CHAPTER IS LONG

It took a lot of thought and preparation because we're nearing the end of the story and I haven't been ready to let it go yet 😫 but alas, shit is hitting the fan now and it's been long overdue. Thank you for being so interactive and supportive along the way.

I wrote in a much awaited treat for the Tarasia fans in these next 2 chapters. 😘
Enjoy the ride.
💫

Taraji's POV

"Oprah...You said you wanted to see me?" I fold my arms together and stand directly in front of her desk. I wish I were completely oblivious to what matters could possibly be so important that I needed to be called into her office, but I just know it's about to be some bullshit, probably about none of her damn business.

"I do. I think it's time you and I have a serious conversation." Oprah's voice is stoic and detached. It surprisingly sends chills up my spine.

"Alright." I slide the chair out and sit down promptly.

An unsettling silence fills the air for a couple of seconds as she pierces into me. I shift my eyes uncomfortably. "So...what now?" I sweep my hair out of my face.

Oprah adjusts herself in her seat.

"These past few weeks have been extremely enlightening to me, Ms.Henson. I feel as though I had no idea what my cast members personal lives or character consisted of outside of filming, until very recently. I mean, I only recently discovered that Fantasia had a boyfriend. Ha." Oprah snickers.

I tilt my head to the side.
Now how did she find out about D-bag?

"Well, not to sound...pretentious, but why is it any of your concern what we do in our personal lives?" I press my lips together in a hard line.

"It's my concern to protect my production. Anything that doesn't align with the image of what's happening on scene or with the release of this film, I need to be made aware of it. And everythingggg, always comes back to me." I observe Oprah's finger wagging in the air.

My nose crinkled with irritation. "Right so what are you implying? What does that have to do with me?"

"I've gotten confirmation regarding an inappropriate relationship between yourself and another cast member." Oprah accuses.

"Oh really?" I lean in closer to her desk. "And just how did you "stumble" upon this confirmation?" I narrowed my eyes at her.