Chapter 26: My Mine

Taraji's POV

After Danielle leaves, I have a full on breakdown. I still can't fully process what's happening. Me and Fantasia weren't even officially dating yet but I feel like I just lost my lover and my bestfriend.

I'm really not looking forward to going into work tomorrow morning and seeing her...

Wow, I never thought I'd say that.

I knew this was a potential consequence if anything happened to our dynamic, but it's gonna be so hard seeing her and not be able to hold her or kiss her...at least I'll still get to during our scenes but,
it's not the same.

Oh well, I just gotta suck it up. She made her decision, now she gotta stand on it.
Just like I gotta stand on the one I'm about to make.

I get myself together and go lay down in my bed. I scroll through my contacts and text Michael.

"Hey, wyd right now? You wanna come over?"

I hit send and sigh. I know a rebound probably isn't the smartest decision but, I'll worry about it tomorrow, I guess.

Derek's POV

Man, my head is killing me and I don't even know how I made it home. Fantasia smart, too smart.

And when she managed to switch our drinks out, I'll also never know. I wish I could remember what she asked me and what I said. I didn't even get the opportunity to talk to her about the NDA Oprah wanted her to sign. If she would've drank the right drink, that would've been a walk in the park. But if this is the game she wants play this game, let's play.

I print out a copy of the NDA & stare at it for a moment. "Well Fantasia, I guess you're Oprah's original property now." I say outloud while signing her name on the page. I take a picture and fax it over to Oprah.

She should see it by the morning.
I'm taking my ass to bed.
It's outta my hands.

———

Taraji's POV

"Thanks for inviting me over, you know I missed you. I ain't heard from you like that outside of MJ." Michael reaches for my hand and I don't have the energy to pull it away.

"Yeah...I'm not gonna lie to you, I really just wanted like...some head. I'm still not over you putting your hands on me a few weeks ago." I roll my eyes.

"That was my bad. I was drinking a lil heavy that day." Michael confesses. "But, I'm sober today."

I examine his eyes and I look him up and down. He's telling the truth. "Mhm. You look decent."

"Wowww, just decent? I got my haircut and everything, just for you." He flirts.

"You know damn well you ain't get it cut just for me because you didn't know I was inviting you over tonight. You probably got it for one of your other hoes." I hiss and sit back further against my bed frame.

"Nahhhh. I don't got em' like that, but I know you not talking. I know the industry dudes be trying to get at you. You famous." Michael chuckles.

My face falls because it wasn't true. Even if other guys were trying to get with me, I didn't care or think about anybody else because Fantasia had all my attention.
Truthfully, she did from day one.

I didn't realize I went silent for a couple seconds.

"Raji, you good?" Michael snaps me out of my trance.

I suck my teeth. "Yeah! Yeah..I'm fine, I just had a long day and you talking nonsense." I tease to distract from my change in mood.

"Ohhh okay. So, how bout we do less talking then...That's why you called me over here right?" Michael adjusts himself closer on my bed.