Chapter 33: Day 2 - The Calm Before The Storm

Go back to the last chapter and read what happens at the end of the interview! I added an important detail to the previous chapter & this one that is necessary for the storyline. 👀

Fantasia's POV

Fantasia's POV

Taraji's name has been a hot topic for the last 3 days, non stop. It's been on the news, YouTube, and all over social media period. Not only that, now my name is being thrown into the mix, of course Oprah's, and poor Danielle's.

People have been speculating about who Taraji was referring to when she was talking about the person of power and the mistreatment, some of the blogs suspect Blitz or Oprah.
They also been wondering about who the woman Taraji mentioned she was in love with is...
It made me feel warm inside knowing that was about me. But some people think she was talking about Danielle and I love Dani but, uh uhn,
that's my girl.

We haven't addressed a single rumor online yet, but we plan to clear everything up at the next interview. The one we have coming up will only be featuring Danielle, Taraji, & I so I'll feel the most comfortable coming out with them by my side.

Next stop SAG-AFTRA interview in Los Angeles and for the first time ever in my life, I'm taking a private jet. 🛩️

••

"Thank you so much." I thank the stewardess who
refilled my glass of mango mimosa.

I drank it almost completely down in a few large gulps. Taraji and Danielle observed me with stunned expressions on their faces.

"What? Why y'all staring at me?" I ask defensively.

They both shake their heads. "No reason. You just don't normally drink this much." Danielle chuckles nervously.

"Especially not at 9am on a Thursday." Taraji adds.

"Well, it's 5 o clock somewhere, right?" I chug the rest of my mimosa casually.

When I put my glass down Taraji is still starring at me like a strict parent.

"Baby...are you okay?" Taraji slides closer to me and puts her hand on my knee.

Truth be told, I wasn't. I was more nervous than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. I know I'm brave, but I'm not as brave as Taraji. She's who I aspire to be, but I still have a long way to go.

I shrug. "Y'all, I don't know if I can do this. I mean, I really wanna tell the world about me and Taraji, but I'm scared. The blogs are already tearing us up left and right. Is this really worth it?"

Taraji looks down then back up at me. "You know I'd never force you to do or say anything you're not ready to do. But, the door is already open, all you gotta do is walk through it. We right here, walking you."