Chapter Forty

Hyunji needed an alibi. She also needed her mothers car.

She felt a tinge of anxiety in her stomach. Today she was meeting Jungkooks parents, and from what she heard they had high hopes and expectations, just dying to meet her. Hyunji didn't want them to be the least bit disappointed. On top of that she was lying to her parents which was always risky. She even had a different fucking outfit to change into stashed in a tote bag. If she went out dressed up in a scandalous skirt just a hint above her knees it would only cause more attention.

Taking a deep breath she walked into the living room where her mom was.

"Yuri and I want to go to the mall and her moms busy so can I take your car?" Hyunji asked.

It was her first time lying, well lying about her whereabouts at least. She was hoping it wasn't showing.

"Alright," Her mom sighed. "Please be careful."

"I will be fine." Hyunji reassured her.

____________

Areum listened to her son sighing and groaning, muttering profanities under his breath. He was trying to tackle the impossible task of icing cupcakes for the first time. The first time was never good. She offered to help him but he insisted he wanted to do it himself.

Jungkook wanted everything to be perfect for her.

She never saw Jungkook so particular about how the silverware was placed on the table, or what plates and bowls they used.

"I can't do this shit," He put down the icing pipe.

"I'll do it, Kook. You don't have to be so anxious, she's gonna love your cupcakes. . . Even if the icing looks, uh, less than perfect."

"I'm not anxious."

"If you say so. We're gonna love her, and I'll try not to embarass you."

Jungkook's father walked in the kitchen, chuckling seeing his son in a fret.

"Oh this is nothing. Wait till you meet her father and you'll really be shaking from fear." His dad said.

How encouraging.

_______________

Hyunji had text Yuri letting her know to cover for her, she doubted her mother would ask, but didn't want to take the chance. Pulling up into his driveway she took a deep breath, her nerves getting to her.

He said they love me already.

Stepping out of the car she straightened out her skirt and ran her fingers through her hair. Anxiety was present, but her excitement was much more powerful than anything. It had been a painstakingly long three days of no Jeon Jungkook. She didn't care what she had to do to see him

A quick knock on the door and she barely had to even wait, her boyfriend almost immediately opened the door.

"Hyunji," He smiled, opening the door wider to let her inside. "I missed you."

He pulled her into a tight hug lifting her off her feet as she giggled. She cupped his face and kissed him with a smile.

"I missed you more." She replied.

"I don't know about that." Jungkook said.

Jungkook looked at her outfit up and down. She wore a black skirt with a black and white checkered top, a few silver accessories such as the necklace he got really made the outfit pop. A red belt that matched her lips caught Jungkooks eye, he loved her sense of style.