10.

Gojo's POV:

The energy shifted, but she isn't going through my limitless? I examine her hand as it stays there, my head filled with a thousand thoughts. Was it really my imagination? But then what about what she said, "Not like it matters"? She tilts her face looking for my eyes and the look she has is infuriating to say the least. Is she trying to confuse me? If that's her plan, it worked.

I need her to show her true colors... But how? I smile as it hits me.

"Come with us on a mission, Y/n," I say.

"Satoru!" Shoko's eyes widen. "We were tasked with a grade 1, we cannot take her with us!" she says in a worried tone.

"I think she should come," Suguru says. As we make eye contact, I can tell he is thinking the same thing as me. Let's put her to the test.

"Shoko, she is coming with us. I think we can help her get better; after all, she is weak." I sit on her desk and see her annoyed look. She is fun to look at.

"Sorry, can't go. Shoko is right; I'll be a nuisance there." Y/n srughs as she stands up and grabs her bag, taking a step towards the door.

"I'll take care of you." I stand up, passing an arm over her shoulder, making her stop walking. Her body twitches and my sixth eye focuses on her. "Suguru, Shoko, you and me. It'll be great."

"My father won't allow me." Y/n looks me in the eyes, delivering that one-liner as if I'd think of allowing her to leave.

"I'll talk to him." As I pull out my phone, her eyes flicker with anxiety. She tries to grab it from my hands, but I raise it higher, hitting dial. She struggles for it, but I move it away; she is surprisingly fast.

"Gojo?" Yaga says on the other line.

"Mr. Yaga, can I take your daughter out on a mission with me?" I say, putting the phone to my ear as her eyes look at me with annoyance. My smile grows wider.

"Is she with you?" Yaga asks.

"I'll pass you to her." I hand over the phone, and she takes it, walking to the other side of the room, far enough for me not to hear.

I look back to find Shoko staring at me with her eyebrows furrowed. "Are you trying to kill her?"

Maybe.

"Can't you see how skinny she looks, how tired her eyes are? They are bloodshot for fuck's sake, Satoru!" Shoko rolls her eyes as she walks away from the room, pulling cigarettes out of her bag.

For a second, I rethink my actions. My eyes go to Y/n. Everything about her looks frail, even the way she carries her bag. I sigh, conflicted. Her eyes are lost in the window for a while, but suddenly, her eyes turn empty as they focus on me again. I can tell she is uncomfortable by the way she shifts to face the other way. Just what is your daddy yapping about?

"Her energy shifted, but she didn't go through, yet she said your limitless didn't matter," Suguru sighs. "I don't think it's a coincidence. If we are going to test her, it will be better if she is in a weak state. We don't know what she can do after all."

He is right.

"Let's see what Daddy told her," I say as Y/n puts the phone down and walks to me.

"I don't want to go," Y/n says with an odd expression, she looks anxious? Her eyes are empty as she tries to avoid my eyes. Is she actually scared of going on the mission?

"So he said yes," I smile.

She sighs.

"When are we leaving?" she asks.