Chapter 14

Jill and Paul then walked through the door with their baby in a little carrier.

"Hullo" said Jill. 

"Howdy! There's the little family" said Sam.

"Sorry we're late" said Paul.

"No problem, Paul. Jeremy and Andy were just telling us about their time in England" said Batman.

"What happened?" said Paul.

"Must I retell the story?" said Jeremy.

Andy laughed and elbowed her husband playfully.

"Okay. They told Elizabeth and Thomas they were married, there was a fight, Jeremy got his feelings hurt, he drank some grasshoppers..." Meg recapped. 

"On purpose. Not the way it happened at my stag party" said Chad.

"Oh... so then what happened?" said Jill. 

"Well... after Jeremy drank all those grasshoppers, I stopped him before he got too drunk" said Andy. 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

"Jeremy, can you slow down? I'm starting to get concerned about your liver" said Andy.

Jeremy put his glass down. "Very well."

Andy strutted back to the window and stared out at the open view again.

Jeremy joined her and put his arm around her. 

They sang softly, basically trying to cheer each other up. 

Born a king on Bethlehem's plain 

Gold I bring to crown Him again

King forever, ceasing never

O'er us all to reign

Oh, star of wonder, star of night

Star with royal beauty bright

Westward leading, still proceeding

Guide us to thy perfect light 

Downstairs, Elizabeth and Thomas were conversing about their son's happiness.

"Do you see what you did, Tommy? You've ruined your son's holiday again" said Elizabeth.

"Again? When did I ever ruin my son's holiday?" said Thomas.

"He brought Chad Stuart here not long ago and your first impression on his wife was a disgrace" said Elizabeth.

"I know what's best for my son, Elizabeth" said Thomas.

"But you don't act like it. He thinks you only like our family for what it has. And he thinks you won't bless his marriage because he didn't marry an aristocrat" said Elizabeth. 

"I'm only doing for him what my father did for me. I married a woman of royalty and became a renowned film producer" said Thomas.

"So that's the way you see it. You want a bad relationship with your son for the sake of his success?" said Elizabeth.

Thomas's expression softened. 

"Never mind! We'll talk about it in the morning" said Elizabeth.